AEDC is seeking applications from suitably qualified Nigerian nationals for the positions below:
- Team Lead,Tangible and Intangible Assets
- Tariff/ Market Settlement Analyst
- Team Member, Financial Planning and Performance Management
- Team Lead,Financial Planning and Performance Management
- Government /Stakeholder Customer Complaints Officer
Team Lead,Tangible and Intangible Assets Job Vacancy at AEDC
Job Title: Team Lead,Tangible and Intangible Assets:
Summary of Role
This person will be reporting to the Head, -Management and Project Accounting. His/her roles will include:
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain completeness and accuracy of Fixed Asset Account Register by reconciling fixed asset subsidiary ledgers to the GL monthly.
- Monitoring the asset under construction and fixed asset clearing account to ensure asset are capitalised on a timely basis.
- Preparation of quarterly note schedules for Tangible Asset and Construction work-in-progress for stand alone and the company.
- Ensure strict compliance to company Capex policy and proceedure.
- Carry out regular reconciliation of physical assets and general ledger/financial statements.
- Design decommissioning account framework for leased assets Carry out ad-hoc analysis requests from CFO and/or other EMT and Board of Directors (BOD) members and any other roles assigned from time to time by the Head, Management and Project Accounting.
- Run Monthly depreciation and cordinate other entities for depreciation run.
- Monitoring reports to ensure that asset are correctly booked into fixed asset sub-ledger for the company.
- Cordinate and conduct the physical fixed asset audit/verification and follow-up on any discripancy/variance.
- Hired a Professional Valuer for periodic asset revaluation (Property), and passed the accounting entries.
- Monitor and track all asset movement across the business and carry out regular stock count of assets (Physical Verification).
- First Degree/Equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Engineering or Mathematics, etc.
- Proactive and hardworking
- Oral & Written Communication
- Excellent team player
- Computer appreciation/data entry (Word Processing/Spreadsheet/graphics)
- Minimum of 10 years cognitive, qualitative and relevant experience
- Candidate may possess/is currently pursuing a Finance, Business or Accounting designation (e.g. CFA, ICAN, ACCA, etc.)
- Working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Competence in use of Fixed Assets Ledger Accounting in ERP Software
- Competence in use of Microsoft Office Tools (e.g. Excel, Access, Power Point, Word, at advanced levels)
- Working knowledge of accounting concepts and conventions
- Competence in use of Fixed Assets Management Module in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software
- Analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
All Positions Within AEDC Require:
- Skills to do analyses and statistics
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Integrity and profesionalism
- Good interpersonal and Comunication skills
- Self motivation and self initiative
How to Apply
Send your application to Team.leadT&I@abujaelectricity.com
The cover letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way
Wuse Zone 4,
Attention: Attention: The Director, Corporate Services.
NB: only soft copy of applications will be treated
The closing date is 16th January, 2017 at 5 pm GMT. All applications should include curriculum vitae and a cover letter. The application should be emailed as stated above, the subject of your email should be position applied for. Failure to follow the instruction will lead to disqualification of your application.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.