North East Regional Initiative (NERI) seeks to recruit to fill the vacant positions below:
- Community Development Facilitator – II
- Procurement Officer
- Finance Clerk
Community Development Facilitator – II Job Vacancy at NERI
Job Title: Community Development Facilitator – II
Location: Adamawa (1), Borno (3), Yobe (2)
Position Start Date: Immediately
- The Community Development Facilitator-II (CDF II) is responsible for grass-roots development of project concepts and activity submissions.
- This position will be based at the state office, located in Maiduguri and with planned expansion, other parts of the State, with program activities expected to be carried out in the field Offices.
- This positions will be based in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe respectively. Travel is expected.
- The CDF II will interact with community groups, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), associations and other groups implementing NRTI-funded activities or potential activities.
- The CDF II will work with groups to develop activity ideas and summaries, refine project concepts during the YL/GL phase, assist in the creation and negotiation of budgets, as well as be the primary field oversight for ongoing activities.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Community Development Facilitator-II reports to the State Program Manager located in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe state respectively.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Liaise with community groups, NGOs, CBOs, associations and other community stakeholders to identify potential partners for NRTI activities.
- Work with NRTI staff to ensure project attendance at local events.
- Collect information on program activities, including beneficiary targets.
- Work with Program, M&E and Grants teams to create and maintain project trackers.
- Support review of Final Evaluation Reports and grant closing.
- Attend focus groups to derive lessons learned to inform future project activities.
- Assist in the development of activity ideas based on information collected in the field. Facilitate linkages between communities as needed.
- Identify potential activities at the community level for NRTI support
- Work with State Program Manager (SPM), and Abuja-based Program team, develop project ideas identified for support for YL/GL submission.
- Work with community organizations to budget and prepare logistics for activities
- Monitor and report on routine program operational activities and scheduled program events, reporting activity summaries to SPM and Abuja-based Reporting Officer.
- Any other duties suitable to task and commensurate with ability
- University degree in sociology, Political Science, International Affairs or other related Social Sciences field is required.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: World Wide Web (internet), MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required for report writing and database entry work.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required
- Five (5) years’ work experience in a related field is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- Prior experience with USAID or US Government funded projects is highly desirable.
- Problem solving, stress management and time management skills are required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents to: [email protected]
- A current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities;
- A cover letter;
- Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 13th January, 2017.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.