The Food and Agriculture Organization of The United Nations is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Internship focused on World Aquaculture Performance Indicators (WAPI)
Job Location: Nigeria
Educational Qualification: Be recent graduates (within 2 years of the most recent graduation) or students in a recognised university or graduate school programme and have completed at the very least two years of undergraduate studies in aquaculture, fisheries, economics or other related fields.
- A working knowledge of English is required. Knowledge of other FAO official languages (i.e. Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) could be an asset.
- Experience in data processing and analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Proficiency in statistical software (e.g. STATA).
Job Specification(s): Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Branch Head of FIAA and the direct supervision of a technical officer in FIAA, the intern will:
- Provide assistance to the development or finalization of WAPI modules on aquaculture production, fish consumption, fish trade, or other thematic subjects covered in the WAPI prototype;
- Contribute to the development of new WAPI templates, including templates based on subjects and/or data sources of the intern’s own choice;
- Support other activities for improving and/or promoting WAPI, such as seeking funding opportunities for WAPI related activities, designing WAPI dissemination strategies, among others.
Apply Before: 28 February 2017
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are required to create an online Personal Profile Form (PPF) in iRecruitment. To create the PPF, please follow the instructions available at:
Attach a letter of motivation and apply to the vacancy: “IRC3038: Call for Interest: Internship Programme”. Interested applicants should also send to [email protected] with copy to [email protected] the PPF, the letter of motivation and a proposal on how they would like to help WAPI development. The proposal could include comments and suggestions on existing WAPI templates, ideas about new WAPI templates to be developed, etc. The proposal should be specific, focused and no more than 3 pages.
More information about FAO Internship Programme can be found at:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Potential candidates will be contacted by FIAA for interviews.