Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Reproductive Health Officer
- Nutrition Officer
- Technical Health Project Manager (PHCC)
- Technical Health Project Manager (MHC)
- Medical Coordinator
Reproductive Health Officer Job Vacancy at PUI
Job Title: Reproductive Health Officer
Duration of Mission: 4 months
Reports to: Medical Coordinator
- The Reproductive Health Officer provides technical support to PUI activities in Nigeria, in order to strengthen capacity and quality of Sexual and Reproductive Health activities in our areas of intervention.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Programs: He/She ensures that Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) activities are in line with PUI health policy and intervention framework, international and national recommendations. He/She provides technical support for the implementation of RH activities in the PHC and MHT in collaboration with the program managers.
- Human Resources: He/She provides capacity building and technical support on RH to health staff at the PHC and MHT in collaboration with the program managers.
- Logistics and Administration: He/She ensures compliance of activities falling under his/her responsibility with logistical and administrative procedures.
- Representation: He/She represents the association before partners, authorities and local actors involved in SRH when required.
- Safety: He/She contributes to efforts aimed at ensuring compliance with safety rules at the site, and transmits all information relating to safety concerns to his/her immediate supervisor.
- Strategy: He/She contributes to the development of new interventions on the basis of identified needs.
Specific objectives and linked activities
- He/She provides technical assistance on the implementation of the SRH activities
- He/She ensures that proper medical protocols for SRH are implemented according to international and national recommendations and guidelines.
- He/She ensures follow-up and analysis of SRH data, in collaboration with the Medical Coordinator.
- He/She undertakes needs assessments of programs in relation to SRH medical equipment, medications and medical consumables.
- He/She must guarantee the appropriateness of SRH activities and their respect for the health policy and framework of operations of PUI. He/she submits any requests for advancement into new medical activities to the Medical Coordinator.
- He/She transmits the internal and external reports required to the Medical Coordinator. He/she contributes to the monthly report of of medical activities.
- He/She support the organization of referral for Emergency Obstetric and Neonatal care from the Mobile Health Units to the PHC supported by PUI and from the Mobile Health Units to Secondary Health Care facilities.
- He/She contributes to the program progress review and provide support and technical advice to improve results and reach targets set with the standard indicators
- He/She provides support for the capitalization of best practices and of all essential SRH documents, tools and training materials used in the mission. He/She assists in their dissemination within the mission.
- He/She provides technical orientation for the definition of key health education messages on SRH.
Support to the Medical Team:
- He/She can support the program managers in preparing job profiles for members of the team, and participates actively in the hiring process (interviewing, testing, etc).
- He/She provides formal and practical training on main SRH protocols including ANC, PNC, Basic Emergency Obstetric and Neonatal Care, Family Planning consultation and medical care for survivor of GBV.
- He/She identifies the additional training needs of the team and addresses them (organizational and medical support, methodology, organization of training sessions…)
- He/She provides supportive supervision of SRH staff at the PHC and MHC.
- He/She provides technical support to help prioritize activities and develop workplan for the key SRH staff in the mission
Logistic & Administration:
- He/She supports the medical team in the review of the list and needs for medical equipment, medications and medical consumables related to SRH.
- He/She ensures compliance of activities falling under his/her responsibility with logistical and administrative procedures.
- Ensure the representation of PUI before Healthcare providers:
- He/She represents PUI with local authorities and SRH partners as needed and when requested;
- He/She maintains good relations with all stakeholders, consistent with PUI humanitarian principles (neutrality, independence…);
- He/She attends relevant coordination meetings according to needs discussed with the Medical Coordinator.
Ensure the safety of property and people:
- He/She contributes to data collection on security & safety by sharing important context information with the person in charge;
- He/She ensures that project/s, methodologies, or selection criteria do not harm beneficiaries, PUI staff or any other person. Alert the Medical Coordinator without delay, in case of impending danger to teams or beneficiaries;
- He/She ensures that SRH health workers are provided and informed on protective equipment adapted to their activities
- He/She follows-up, analyses and reports on SRH epidemiological data, in collaboration with the Medical Coordinator and Program managers.
- He/She participates in assessing and identifying SRH health needs and gaps and advise on strategies to address them.
- He/She contributs to the development of proposal for health programs, specifically for SRH activities.
Number of people to manage and their position (expatriate/local staff):
- Direct management: none
- Indirect management: reproductive health staff in PHC and MHC (local staff : 8)
- Internal: under the supervision of the Medical Coordinator, work in collaboration with PHCC and MHC Health Program Manager
- External: other health stakeholders
Training and experiences
- Qualified Midwife or Nurse with SRH experience
Knowledge and skills:
- Good writing skills
- Knowledge of Project Management
- Pack Office
- French and English
Required Personal Characteristics:
- Ability to work independently while keeping team spirit oriented behaviour
- Ability to withstand pressure
- Open-minded & diplomatic skills
- Analytical & Strategic skills
- Capacity of organization and management of priorities
- Proactive and trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to work and manage issues professionally and with maturity
- Ability to integrate the local environment into operations, in its political, economic and historical dimensions
- Employed with a Fixed-Term Contract – 4 months
- Minimum duration of commitment: 4 months
- Starting date: December 2016
- Monthly gross income: from 1 815 up to 2 145 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI
- Cost covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accommodation
- Daily living Expenses (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy: 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy: 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Resume and Cover Letter) to “Romain Gautier, Human Resources Officer” for Expatriates at: email@example.com with the following subject: “ReproHealthOff-NGA”.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.