Plan International is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Security Officer
- Data Management Officer
- Communication Engagement Officer
- Child Protection and Sexual Gender Based Violence (CP/SGBV) Officer
- Project Manager
Security Officer Job Vacancy at Plan International
Job Title: Security Officer
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Reports to: Field Coordinator/ Security Advisor
Duration: 6 Months with possibility of extension
- The Security Officer will be responsible for the assessments, security related guidance and enforce implementation of security policies, guidelines and procedures for the Humanitarian
- Response Program with the support of Country Office Security Advisor
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise Humanitarian Unit on all aspects of security, management issues and trends in the North East
- With support from Security Advisor develop/maintain an appropriate framework of security measures and standard operating procedures (SSOPs), which will increase Plan
- International Nigeria’s overall capacity to protect staff, programs, and property for the humanitarian response
- Ensure that Plan International Nigeria SSOPs reflect risk levels referenced in Plan’s Global
- Security Policy and ensure SSOPs are compliant with all Plan’s policies
- Manage the day-to-day operations of security management i.e. guard oversight/management/direction; identification, documentation, analysis and follow up of security threats/incidents; monitoring SSOP compliance; staff/vehicle movement control, etc for the humanitarian response
- At the state level, lead the response to all security threats/incidents in a timely, professional and appropriate manner
- Review existing Security Risk Assessments (SRAs) and conduct same routinely in the two
- North East states of Plan’s Humanitarian response operational locations as well as whenever the security situation changes and advice programming
- Monitor and suggest ongoing improvements to existing security warning systems and produce the report to updates/alerts etc., then analyse available information with respect to potential impact to Plan International Nigeria and inform staff /management accordingly of security risks.
- Ensure regular communication with all project leads.
- Regular attendance at relevant security meetings and forums for the North East.
- Report on security incidents/threats to Security Advisor on a regular basis (including analysis of trends) and focal persons at the district level
- Review physical security arrangements including insurance for staff and assets (e.g.vehicles) in collaboration with relevant managers such as P&C, Operations Managers etc, on a regular basis and implement action plans to improve/correct as/when required
- Develop and test contingency plans based on results and anticipation of security threat/risk assessments and develop staff preparedness/capacity to respond, staffing collaboration with focal persons at the district/PU level
- Ensure that regular safety and security trainings are conducted with relevant field staff
- Build the capacity of all staff on security including health and safety aspects under P&C leadership/ownership
- Assess communications needs and recommend improvements/technological aspects to make sure that all equipment’s are working and in good condition such as generator(s), radios, satellite phones, etc.
- Assume any other responsibility as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Occupational Health & Safety or any related field.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience of security, health and safety management or similar capacity
- Good understanding of national security related issues and their relations to Plan’s contexts
- Experience in conducting participatory risk assessments and preparing situational analyses, including the analysis of factors from both the internal and external environments, identifying crucial risks that have to be addressed, setting objectives and developing plans of action
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) both in several local and English languages in order to present and garner information quickly and clearly to a variety of audiences
- Computer: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge and experience in occupational security and health & safety operations
- Ability to prioritize and manage complex and varied workloads, often to tight deadlines, in a dynamic, fragile and multi-cultural setting
- Ability to guide staff with limited security capacity
- Ability to predict and respond to security threats/incidents
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, and trouble-shooting skills including negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Energetic and motivated individual, with a proven track record of undertaking similar assignments
- Strategic and critical skills – but also focused on operational results and ‘getting things done’
- Commitment to continuous learning; willingness to keep abreast of new developments in security
- Able to work independently but also collaborate closely within teams
- Ability to establish and sustain strong working relationships with Plan colleagues and in the broader Nigeria community/context
- Culturally and socially sensitive
Physical Environment and Demands:
- Frequent travel to field/communities to coordinate project activities.
Level of Contact with Children:
- Low contact- the job responsibilities of this position requires the post holder to have infrequent contact with children. Despite this, it is expected that children shall be protected at all times.
Application Closing Date
29th December, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a full CV and a comprehensive Cover letter setting out their reasons for applying for the post and outlining the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills that you feel you can bring to the role to: Nigeria.Recruitment@Plan-international.org
- Indicate the Job title and location as subject of the mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.