COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale is recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below:
- Country Administrator
- Head of Mission, Nigeria
- Area Coordinator
Country Administrator Job Vacancy at COOPI
Duration: 12 Months
Area of intervention: Northern states of Yobe and Borno
Objectives and Responsibilities of the Position
- We are looking for a highly qualified Country Administrator with overall responsibility for supervision, management and quality implementation of all aspects of COOPI financial and administrative operations in Nigeria.
- The Country Administrator will be part of the senior management team and is expected to contribute to the future strategic development and professional dynamics of COOPI in Nigeria.
- Safe and bank account management: He/she ensures the correct management of the safes and the project’s bank accounts, by directly managing or by regularly controlling the project accountant, if available.
- Accountancy management: he/she ensures the correct project accountancy and all accountancy documents filing. He/she does this by monitoring the accountants or by directly performing the accountancy, in case there was no accountant.
- Administrative management: In collaboration with the project manager he/she verifies the correct administrative management of the projects (contracts, goods and services purchase, calls for tenders etc.) in compliance with COOPI and the donor’s procedures (ECHO, UNICEF, FAO, AICS, USAid/OFDA). He/she ensures the correct filing of all project’s administrative documents.
- Expenses planning and monitoring: In collaboration with the Project Manager (and the logistician if present) he/she makes the project’s financial planning. He/she monitors expenses, in accordance with the budget. He/she provides the accountancy data to the Project Manager so as to allow him to monitor and plan the expenditures and to request funds.
- Contract modifications and administrative documents: He/she collaborates with the Project Manager in the elaboration of contract modifications (including the budget), and in the preparation of all necessary projects documents.
- Financial reporting: In coordination with the Head of Mission and with the Project Manager he/she prepares the intermediate and final financial reports for the projects under his/her responsibility.
- Budget preparation: Support the Head of Mission and Project Managers in budget preparation as well as proposals development.
- Staff management: He/she plans the work, supervises, and collaborate to train the staff of the project’s accounting-administrative area upon request by the Head of Mission. Upon request her/she collaborates to staff evaluation activities. She/he will be the focal point of the complaint mechanism and the code of conduct
- Procurement: He/she provide technical oversight to the procurement process and ensure proper supply chain management procedures are in place and that standard logistics and related administrative systems are established and implemented within COOPI country programme.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience in large organizations.
- At least 3 years’ work experience in a similar role within a international non-governmental organization (NGO), donor or multilateral agency.
- Substantial experience working with International NGO’s, UN agencies and networking and negotiating with authorities.
- Very strong financial analysis skills and an extensive practical experience working with financial tools, highly proficient with excel such as using pivot table, developing macros, etc.
- Ability to motivate and guide staff working in a complex conflict environment, preferably experience from an African context. Previous experience in Nigeria is an advantage.
- An excellent interpersonal skills (Good analytical, negotiation, advocacy and communication skills) and demonstrated ability to establish effective team and external relations
- Experience with capacity building of national staff.
- Ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing and sometimes insecure environment
- Excellent English language skills both written and spoken are essential.
Application Closing Date
26th December, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: All applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV no longer than four pages, both in the same language as the vacancy note. Your CV should also include contact details of three professional referees.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.