Teach For Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Recruitment, Selection & Matriculation (RSM) Manager
Job Location: Lagos
Educational Qualification: A Bachelor’s or a Master’s Degree in any field
Years of Experience: Minimum of six (6) years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge or experience of marketing and/or recruiting, especially targeting top-�talent pool.
- Track record of taking an uncommon level of personal responsibility in achieving professional goals.
- Experience working and living in Nigeria or in a country with similar context to Nigeria.
- Previous experience managing large projects and teams to successful outcomes
- Previous experience working in the development/education sector (preferred)
Benefits include opportunities for training and travel. Additionally, there is ample opportunity for professional development and mobility within the organization, as well as access to professional development through the global network Teach For All.
Salary is competitive at Teach For Nigeria and depends on prior experiences.
- The Recruitment, Selection & Matriculation (RSM) Manager is responsible for attracting highly qualified and motivated individuals to apply and join the TFN Fellowship.
- The Manager will set the vision, strategy, goals and provide leadership for Recruitment, Selection and Matriculation.
Roles and Responsibilities
Setting a vision and developing goals and aligned strategies:
- Developing a compelling vision for recruitment, rooted in Teach For Nigeria’s current reality
- Defining a clear set of ambitious goals for the overall recruitment, selection and matriculation cycle
- Breaking down the goals into a set of milestones for each phase of the cycle as well as by geographical region
- Defining a set of strategies to achieve the goals
Managing Team Operations:
- Capturing and investigating in-depth data and evidence to analyse trends, monitor progress to goals, and adapt and iterate on strategies
- Managing the team budget, allocating resources efficiently and effectively, and defining the annual team calendar and action plan
Leading and Managing RSM team:
- Managing a team of recruiters and selectors based within and outside Lagos
- Overseeing the recruitment and development of volunteer “Campaign Ambassadors” based in NYSC camps, universities and workplaces across Nigeria and the world
- Creating structures and processes that enable efficient and effective execution and collaboration towards goals
- Sourcing and creating professional development opportunities for the team
- Building a strong collaborative team culture that values relationships and results
Developing a national strategy for marketing, communications and branding:
- Supporting team members to develop and execute a series of national marketing and communications campaigns centred around key themes
- Supporting team members to generate awareness and execute regional branding strategies through various channels such as print and social media, radio, television, and film
Building partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders:
- Supporting team members to build and maintain relations with hundreds of universities across the country and internationally, for presentations and information sessions
- Supporting team members to build partnerships with corporate organizations for& building awareness of the Fellowship and potentially for sabbaticals, as well as leads on fundraising and development
- As a start-up organization, every staff member in our organization is expected to pitch in as needed outside of his/her department as well. This would include, for example, helping with running our pre-service training Academy for Fellows in July, supporting our fundraising efforts, and other strategies essential to the success of our mission. As we are a member of the Teach For All network, all team members are also expected to share knowledge and best practices and to work effectively with the broader global network.
Values and Mindsets
- Deep belief in Teach For Nigeria’s vision, mission, and core values
- Belief in the power of collaboration and collective action
- Growth mindset, with an underlying belief that one’s abilities and competencies can be developed through dedication, hard work and practice
- Strong goal orientation and laser-like focus on outcomes
- Strong focus on driving excellence and depth in this role
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Understanding of Teach For Nigeria’s short-term and long-term theory of change
- Understanding of Teach For Nigeria’s leadership development philosophy and framework
- Proficiency in analyzing large data-sets and making inferences to drive strategies and decisions
- Excellent project planning and project management skills
- Excellent communicator who can clearly articulate our vision, goals and work, and address effectively the barriers and motivations of different individuals.
Abilities and Competencies
- Strategic and critical thinking skills so as to conceptualize multiple approaches to solving a problem and drawing out a clear roadmap with roles and responsibilities
- Relationship-building and influencing skills so as to leverage people and relationships to outcomes
- Ability to engagingly present to small and large groups.
- Ability to identify clearly the attributes of high-potential candidates for the Teach For
- Nigeria Fellowship, which will enable them to be effective leaders in the classroom and beyond.
- Ability to develop and execute a complex Recruitment, Selection and Matriculation strategy efficiently.
- Ability to conduct research and establish the Selection model for Teach For Nigeria.
- Ability to flexibly adjust strategy when unexpected obstacles emerge.
- Communication skills so as to deliver compelling messages through oral and written medium to diverse stakeholders
- People management skills so as to articulate a team vision and manage and coach individuals to consistently superior outcomes
- Operational management skills so as to set up systems and processes to allocate resources efficiently
- Ability to be highly resourceful and entrepreneurial in the face of uncertainty
- Ability to maintain a demanding travel schedule and work long-hours (especially at key milestones in the Recruitment cycle like Recruitment deadlines)
Apply Before: 31st December, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume and a one page cover letter to: [email protected]
- Please indicate the position applied for in the subject line of your email.
- Your cover letter should include why you are interested in Teach For Nigeria and in this position. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.