IITA is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Research Supervisor (Tissue Culture)
- Senior Research Supervisor
- Research Supervisor (Bioreactor)
- Field Assistant/Driver
- Research Supervisor (Seed)
Research Supervisor (Tissue Culture) Job Vacancy at IITA
Job Title: Research Supervisor (Tissue Culture)
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in production of quarterly predetermined number of plantlets through rapid propagation from yam explants using conventional tissue culture;
- Assist in production of predetermined minimum number of virus-free clean stock plantlets of at least 3 varieties in the first 6 months and subsequently on a bi-monthly basis, including documentation on their certification using approved protocols;
- Assist in maintenance of aseptic tissue culture conditions and ensuring minimum contamination in cultures;
- Report on plantlets of selected yam varieties produced using bar code labeling;
- Assist in submission of monthly report and populating the online high ratio propagation database www.yamhrponline.iita.org on the details of seed yam produced including genotype, quantity, age, cycle number and disease status;
- Assist in submission of documentation on flow of plantlets to end users monthly;
- Assist in daily and weekly report on the functioning of the conventional tissue culture facilities;
- Report any malfunction of materials and equipment;
- HND/BSc in Agriculture, Biology, Microbiology, Physiology, Biochemistry or related courses with at least two (2) years’ relevant experience performing similar role.
Ideal Candidate must:
- Have good knowledge of contamination reduction strategies, including cleanliness and familiarity with aseptic and safe tissue culture laboratory practices.
- Have good knowledge on use of computer for data reporting;
- Be ready to work in a team and have a good sense of interpersonal relationship.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
2nd January, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here for more information (PDF)
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.