AAN is inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Face-to-Face Fundraiser
Job Location: Lagos & Abuja
Educational Qualification: Minimum Qualification: Diploma
Other Requirements: Who you are:
- You are an energetic, friendly, honest individual who thrives in a very diverse dynamic environment.
- A hard worker, you are self-motivated, self-managed, independent but a team player, and adventurous with persuasive skills; and passionate about quelling injustice and eradicating poverty.
- Most important, you inspire support.
- You are willing to be right on the shop floor, talking to people across background or cultures or raising funds and contributing to lifting the poor and the excluded out of poverty.
- You will have the intelligence to learn new things within a short period, multi-task and ready to imbibe our values and adapt to our culture.
- You will be someone who doesn’t believe in giving excuses for let-downs; who can bounce back without batting an eyelid after a rebuff remaining upbeat, positive and passionate.
- Experience in marketing and sales
- Understanding of the psyche of Nigerians- young and old, male or female, north, south, east or west or middle
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to take rejection as part of the job
- Live in Abuja or Lagos
- Skills in use of Microsoft office suites
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic allowance plus performance related commission and incentive
- Supportive team
- Fun and learning environment in an ethical way
- Income limited only by your ability and passion
- As a F2F Fundraiser, you will be central to ActionAid’s alternative solution to National and global problems. It is crucial to note that this is not a role for someone looking for a normal daily routine work. There are no specific hours of work in this role. Innovation, creativity, surprise, agility and an ear to the ground are the norm. There are no desks and no walls in your work environment.
- In ActionAid, we’re an energised team, the days are not the same especially with our recent extensive brand and movement building, fundraising and efficiency drive. You will be a key part of our “fun team” facilitating our interventions in excluded communities through the building of a strong force of supporters. This position is target driven and motivated by bonus where this is met.
Specifically, the Role includes:
- Generating funds through the face to face fundraising technique using the prescribed products by ActionAid
- Ensuring that every field generated information is properly entered in the appropriate forms or database
- Ensuring confidentiality of information pertaining to ActionAid and personal data in the course of this role
- Taking responsibility for all equipment allocated or used in the role
- Representing ActionAid in a responsible manner as per the values and norms.
- Compliance and adherence to all policies, guidelines and codes of conduct required for this role
- Managing and updating databases to record supporter contact and preference information
- Communicating effectively to prospects the activities of the organisation as trained periodically. Participating in all fundraising, public engagement and other ActionAid activity as required
- Achieve agreed upon targets for acquisition
- Identify potential locations for running fundraising activities for the team
- Playing an active role in the overall target achievement of the team
- Any other responsibility as may be assigned
Apply Before: 27th December, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover letter & Curriculum Vitae in one document and MSWord attachment to: JobOpenings.Nigeria@actionaid.org
- Only Electronically submitted forms will be considered. The job will require candidates who live in Abuja or Lagos as detailed in the attached.
- Subject line of emails must state clearly the title of position applied and location for e.g. Face to Face Fundraiser – Abuja.