Management Systems International is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Local Trade Specialist, Nigeria
Job Location: Nigeria
Educational Qualification: Master’s Degree in a relevant social science, business, or agriculture-related field, or a bachelor’s degree and 7 years of experience.
Years of Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience in trade- or value chain-related programming, project management, research, or analysis. Journalists who have covered WATH-related sectors may also be considered.
- Experience working in survey research, conducting interviews, and preparing results.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, flexibility, resourcefulness, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with all levels of management and staff.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience in the agriculture, transportation, or the trade sector in a government or regional organization.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of USAID trade-related programs a major plus.
- The Local Trade Specialist will provide trade-specific subject matter expertise, with a focus on regional agricultural, transport, and value-chain sectors in West Africa; knowledge or experience with ECOWAS or other regional organizations is also welcome.
- This individual will be primarily responsible for providing support for interviews, including conducting or facilitating interviews, providing input on survey instruments, and assisting with communications and logistics for interviews.
- This person may also assist with the development of discussion guides, training materials for facilitators, and quality assurance, as needed.
Subject Matter Input and Research:
- Conduct preliminary directed research on activities and opportunities, such as changes in the local context (e.g. political transitions) related to field work.
- Provide follow-up research and/or data collection where requested by MSI.
- Provide input on design and survey documentation, instruments, and protocol deliverables to ensure a high-level of rigor and gender sensitivity are applied and implemented.
- Provide follow-up research where requested by MSI.
- Inform and advise the MSI team on potential challenges surrounding interviews.
- Provide data collection (i.e. interview), translation, and communications support to the evaluation team during one or both Phases of field work, as needed.
- Accompany evaluation team members on site visits in Lagos, Nigeria and participate in any necessary data collection activities including overseeing interviews.
- Assist in scheduling and confirming interviews.
- Assist with field work coordination, including interviewing and meeting with stakeholders and representatives of the WATH implementation team.
- Provide translation assistance for documentation, survey instruments, and conversations/interviews.
- Provide updates to MSI via email before and after the field work on a regular basis.
- Participate in planning conversations with members of the evaluation team via telephone/Skype and e-mail.
Apply Before: 13th January, 2017.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No phone calls, please.
- MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer