Jhpiego Nigeria is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Quality Improvement Coordinator (Kogi)
- Human Resources Assistant
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Procurement Officer
- Service Improvement Facilitator
- Quality Improvement Coordinator (Ebonyi)
Quality Improvement Coordinator (Kogi) Job Vacancy at Jhpiego Nigeria
Job Title: Quality Improvement Coordinator
Summary Scope of Work
- The Quality Improvement Coordinator (QIC) will report to the State Team leader and provide technical support for the implementation and monitoring of quality improvement strategies and activities at the level of project-supported health facilities (HFs).
- The successful candidates will also contribute to the development of innovative approaches in the areas of quality and performance improvement.
- The QIC will work with the LGA health coordinator and managers and providers in. the health facilities to ensure that the projects strategies for the delivery of high impact quality improvement in health services, especially around the day of childbirth), are implemented.
- In particular s/he will be responsible for continuous post-training supervision, mentoring and on-the- job training to service providers focusing on quality improvement.
- The QIC will be responsible for ensuring that providers keep comply with set performance standards in their service delivery and observe the use of service protocols and provide on-the-job training as needed.
- In collaboration with the State ministries of health (SMOH), LGAs and other MCSP staff and partners, the QIC will assist in defining critical training needs and organizing in-service training activities as needed to support quality of care.
- The QIC will work in conjunction with the SMOH/LGA supportive supervision teams to continuously provide supervision at the health facility level, identify bottle necks to quality services and work with the health facility teams to identify and implement solutions.
- The QIC will support facilities to establish quality improvement teams with regular documented meetings, ensuring-their participation in the learning platforms.
- The QIC will ensure the implementation of quality improvement teams work plan and achievement of their targets.
- Implement a quality improvement plan for service delivery points within the state, and implement and monitor the new WHO Quality of Care (QoC)/SBM-R initiatives in HFs across the State.
- The QIC will support the monthly data collection, results reporting, documentation and data visualization using the appropriate quality improvement template.
- S/he will contribute to writing of the project quarterly report especially in the area of quality of care and improvement, including identifying success stories and keeping a photographic and written record of highlights of field activities.
- Perform other duties as maybe assigned from time to time by his/her supervisor.
- Documented and accurate reports on types of On the Job support provided during quality improvement visits conducted
- Number of supportive supervision visits conducted with documentation on the number of providers reached.
- Up to date knowledge of relevant high impact interventions for reduction of maternal, newborn and child mortality and use of such in providing support to service providers.
- Up to date knowledge of quality of care issues and able to support providers in its implementation of their quality of care work plans.
- Technical inputs and contributions as technical support to overall State MCSP work plan implementation.
- Support provided to technical training events especially in quality improvement capacity building of health workers in the State.
- A Senior Nurse Midwife with 6 to 10 years of Clinical/Maternity practice experience including experience with teaching, quality improvement, perception and project/health management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player, to lead teams and to organize multiple and simultaneous sets of activities
- Strong clinical skills and demonstrated supportive supervision skills are needed
- Clear understanding of public health and quality of care issues and challenges in Nigeria
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are essential
- Ability to produce accurate reports and data on activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and a local language of the project state will be an advantage
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% time within the State is a requirement.
Application Closing Date
29th December, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application letter and CV’s as one single word document to: The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you have applied for.
All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the mission and values stated above
- Participate in the business development processes
- Contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process
- Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability
- Participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, take responsibility for action items assigned and provide feedback as needed
- Multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.