International Finance Corporation (IFC) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Investment Officer – Financial Institutions Group
Job Location: Lagos
Educational Qualification: Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or other related areas; accreditation as a CFA or CPA is considered a plus.
Years of Experience: Minimum 10-12 years of experience in the financial sector, with evidence of growing expertise in banking and non-banking financial institutions and finance related disciplines;
- Strong financial and credit skills; demonstrated ability to structure and negotiate a variety of complex financial instruments (debt and equity).
- Strong skills in evaluation of risk and ability to anticipate short and long term implications of decisions.
- Ability to make sound decisions and commit to decisions.
- Good relationship management skills with proven track record of success in developing client relationships and execution of client engagements.
- Knowledge and Experience in International Economic Development Arena and commitment to sustainable development.
- Excellent business judgment and strong analytical and problem solving skills to identify issues and present creative, practical solutions.
- Great team player, able to mentor and train more junior staff.
- Capacity to deal with conflicting priorities and deliver high quality work on schedule; facility to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills in English are required; additional major language desirable.
- Hold self and team accountable for risk management and outcomes.
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of potential clients, of financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials.
- Ability to systematically share with others good practice and learning from lessons from across WBG, clients, and partners.
- Considered an expert in the subject area and is sought out by colleagues to advise, peer review, or contribute to knowledge products of others.
- Skilled in collaboration across boundaries and broadly, ability to bring differing ideas into the forefront.
- The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, is a global leader, investor and advisor committed to projects in its developing member countries that reduce extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. IFC finances private sector investments, mobilizes capital in the international financial markets, helps clients improve social and environmental sustainability, and provides technical assistance and advice to businesses and governments in the developing world.
- Private sector financial development is essential to the promotion of successful and sustainable economies in low and middle income countries around the world. Sound and efficient financial markets can ensure that resources are allocated where they are most productive, assisting job creation and spurring economic growth. IFC’s goal is to prioritize investment in the financial sector because it promotes development in all other sectors.
- The Financial Institutions Group (FIG) is one of three major industry groups at IFC, responsible for managing roughly 40% of IFC’s overall business in terms of volume and capital at risk. FIG engages in a wide range of sub-sectors including Microfinance, SME, Gender, Climate, Insurance, Capital Markets, Housing, Distressed Assets, and other areas, with both investment and advisory services delivered globally to IFC’s clients through IFC’s global network.
- FIG’s Africa team is based across the region with main hub and office locations in Dakar, Johannesburg, Nairobi and Lagos. The team members work on both new business development and portfolio management across the region. With a diverse network of markets, the pipeline of new transactions range from investing fresh equity in banks to structured finance products which help develop local capital markets.
- FIG’s Africa team is seeking a senior investment officer with significant local market and industry experience to help grow and develop its business in Africa.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of banking, financial institutions and related industry knowledge;
- Develop a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities through anticipating market trends and employing sector/country knowledge;
- Coordinate closely with social, environmental, advisory and technical assistance colleagues in order to champion IFC’s value to our clients’ businesses, find pragmatic solutions to the specific sector challenges, and achieve sustainable development impact;
- Mentor and coach less-experienced investment staff and help build talent and grow skill base of staff;
- Take responsibility for other project or strategy related activities related to FIG’s business activities in the region.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, banking and multilateral partners and government officials to develop specific investment opportunities;
- Evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new transactions, loan restructuring and rescheduling, capital increases and equity sales, etc.
- Provide leadership and support in the development of the Financial Institutions Group’s knowledge management strategy, and assist in execution of this strategy;
Apply Before: 28th December, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- For external Ad – IFC offers a highly challenging and rewarding working environment with outstanding opportunities for professional growth, as well as attractive conditions. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.