Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Well Equipment Inspector
- Mechanical Static, Marine & Lifting Equipment Engineer
- ICSS Engineer, Operation
Well Equipment Inspector Job Vacancy at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Job Title: Well Equipment Inspector
Job Type: Contracts
Report to: Completion Engineering Manager through Well Equipment Inspection Superintendent
TASKS – Within a team work context:
- Ensure that all Company owned Deepwater Wellbore Drilling and Subsea Completion Equipment is received into storage, tested, and/or mobilised in line with approved QA/QC procedures
- Ensure that all tasks are performed within approved Company approved or mandated Health and Safety Guidelines
- Ensure that Completion Subassemblies are made-up, tested, managed and stored in line with approved processes, procedures and relevant Company rules
- Ensure that all materials and equipment required for deepwater well completion, within its purview and located in contractors base, are loaded out to the rig in a timely manner
- Ensure that equipment returned from the rig are inspected and returned to stock in line with approved standard QA/QC procedures and industry best practices
- Ensure appropriate documentation and certification provided by Contractor for all equipment to be stored or mobilized for company use, in line with best QA/QC practice, and Company procedures.
- Prepare operations programs for equipment preparation
- Produce the technical and operational synthesis
- Ensure follow-up of equipment preparation operations
- Draw up operating procedures for workshop activities including QC procedures
- Ensure cost follow-up
- Conduct studies to improve performance
- Conduct studies and projects for affiliates
- Participate in technical evaluation of tenders for service and equipment contracts
- Optimize activities of service providers and assess their performance
- Ensure the respect of safety rules and frames of reference
- Anticipate needs and organize supply
- Propose technological innovations
- Contribute to improving skills and know-how
- Participate in R&D projects
- Evaluate job holders
- Prepare budgets
- Participate in the training of job holders
- Implement operating structures
Observations on Activities and Tasks – In close liaison with Well Equipment Inspection Superintendent and DCD Engineering Teams:
- Ensure Company and Contractor procedures are in place and fully updated prior to commencing any activity.
- Ensure Contractor’s personnel are fully aware of the content / aim / requirement of the activity
- Ensure Contractor’s tools, necessary for the works (thread gauges, pressure test equipment, bucking unit, drift, OD & ID caliper…), are in good working order and calibrated
- Witness / monitor equipment and subassembly inspection & testing activities at Contractor’s facility (e.g. Halliburton, Baker, Schlumberger, Ciscon ,Weatherford, OAL …) on single items
- Ensure that testing of equipment / subassemblies are performed in line with procedures that have been fully approved by the Engineering team.
- Ensure that the equipment/subassembly storage and transportation conditions are in line with standard industry practices.
- Ensure that Completion Equipment is tested and ready for load-out in line with rig superintendent look ahead.
- Ensure all QC documentations are fully completely filled up and approved prior to equipment dispatch to the rig.
- Ensure that all equipment / sub assemblies returned from the rig are received into storage in line with approved procedures and industry best practices
- Confirm with Superintendent whether returned sub assemblies require breakout and if so the required process to be followed
- Monitor and follow up all local fabrications, ensuring that the fabrication and subsequent testing are in line with industry standards and relevant Company rules.
- Perform pre-mobilization inspection of equipment and tools (including radioactive sources and explosives)
- Perform equipment / subassembly failure investigation as may be required
- Conduct System Integration tests as required by heirarchy
- Assist in the annual (or semi-annual) audit of all Drilling and Completion sub contractors
- Provide required assistance to well intervention for equipment preparation and make-up
- Report all anomalies and Non-conformances in the equipment / process / procedures to the Well inspection leader and maintain / update a non-conformance report register / database at all times.
- Follow-up all raised non-conformances until closure
- Ensure that required completion equipment / subassemblies are loaded out to the rig on time.
- Stand in for the QA/QC superintendent, as required by Hierarchy
- Approval of QA/QC plan
- Approval of QA/QC procedures
- Operational decisions
- For subassemblies, specifically, failure to follow approved procedures and industry best practices in the workshop may lead to significant Non-Productive-Time (NPT) and possible loss of the well, in the case of major equipment / string failure downhole.
- Knowledge of deepwater drilling and completion equipment (including subsea XT systems), subassembly make-up procedures, relevant Company rules (completion screens, completion equipment testing etc) and associated QA/QC
- Initial formal education: Higher National Diploma – HND / or its Equivalent
- Professional experience (number of years): 7 years minimum
- Other (prior experience desirable): Offshore Completion Supervisor, Completion Equipment QA/QC Inspector, prior
- demonstrable experience with Halliburton and/or Schlumberger subsea completion equipment will be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
19th December, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.