Imo State University Council, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
Job Location: Owerri, Imo
Educational Qualification: The University Librarian must possess a Ph.D. in the relevant field.
Years of Experience: A minimum of Fifteen (15) years post-qualification cognate experience in a University or similar institution of higher learning.
- A good record of scholarly publications in reputable journals, both local and international, is essential.
- The candidate must be Computer Literate.
Conditions of Service
- The appointment shall be for a period of Five years, in the first instance, and on such other terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- The basic salary attached to the post of University Librarian is CONUASS 7.
- Other allowances and fringe benefits are as currently applicable to similar positions in Nigerian State Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the University Council.
Job Specification(s): The candidate for this position shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University Library and the coordination of the Library services of the University and its campuses, faculties, Departments, institutes, outreach centers and other teaching or research units.
Apply Before: 11th January, 2017.
How to Apply: How to Apply
Interested candidates should forward Ten (10) copies of their publications, relevant credentials and Curriculum Vitae stating the following information:
- Names (Surname First)
- Date of Birth (indicating day, month and year)
- Marital Status
- State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Educational and Professional Qualifications
- List of Publications
- Work Experience
- Present Employment, Status, Post and Salary (both level and amount)
- Name and addresses of three (3) referees whom the candidates should request to submit confidential reports on them.
All applications should reach the Acting Vice-Chancellor addressed to:
Imo State University,
- Applicants must be registered members of the Librarians Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
- Candidates should request their referees to forward references on them directly to the Acting Vice-Chancellor in the same manner.