International Medical Corps is looking for suitable candidates to fill the following positions below:
- Finance and Compliance Officer
- Finance Manager
- Information Officer
- Food Security Officer
Finance and Compliance Officer Job Vacancy at IMC
Job Title: Finance and Compliance Officer
- Finance and Compliance Officer provides day-to-day financial support on active awards including sub-award recipients in accordance with donor regulations and IMC policies and procedures.
- He/she will ensure prompt and accurate preparation of financial report and perform periodic financial analysis. Finance and Compliance Officer reports directly to Finance Manager in Maiduguri field office.
Financial Accounting and Compliance:
- Accounting and finance support on all active awards in the field office
- Assist program departments with day-to-day financial support in accordance with donor/client and International Medical Corps internal policies and procedures
- Ensure required preapprovals are secured in advance of incurring an expense
- Prepare procurement requests and ensure all approvals are secured and coordinate with logistics department the delivery of services and goods
- Account for procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, accuracy, and control over payments
- Prepare ad hoc logistics and financial reporting to aid in tracking and reconciliation of transactions
- Maintain accurate financial transactions and grant/contract records
- Assist program staff and finance department in meeting donor/client and internal reporting requirements
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reports for submission to donor on or before the deadlines
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly Pipeline.
- Prepare cash projection and request for submission to country office.
- Ensure timely remittance of relevant statutory payments.
- Maintain frequent communication with Program Staff, and Field office Finance to ensure finance activities and objectives are communicated clearly.
- Work with program and logistics staff to ensure the coordination of programs is within budgeted targets.
- Attend coordination meetings upon need.
- Respond promptly to internal audit’s queries.
- Interface with service providers on service delivery, invoicing and processing of payments
- To work closely with IMC sub-grantee(s) finance staff (s)
- Support all field based sub-recipients (partners) on financial accounting and reporting
- Build financial capacity of local partners on all active awards
- Support partners in building strong internal controls systems
- Perform monitoring visits as needed to partners’ office
- Obtain and review partners’ monthly financial reports
- Ensure that all supporting documents received from partners are accurate, reliable and complete
- Support partners in award close-out processes
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Accounting, Banking and Finance or any related course.
- A professional accounting certificate is an added advantage
- Experience in an INGO setting is required
- Previous experience in managing local partners (sub-recipients) is an advantage
- Ability to speak Hausa is desired
- 2 years cognate experience in accounting and finance
Application Closing Date
24th December, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to the “Human Resource Officer, International Medical Corps” via the email: email@example.com
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Candidates MUST state the position that they are applying for as the subject of their email, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.