Millard Fuller Foundation is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Legal Counsel
- Health & Safety Officer
- Facilities Manager
Legal Counsel Job Vacancy at Millard Fuller Foundation
Job Title: Legal Counsel
- We are looking for a highly qualified Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our home development business.
- You will provide administrative support and guidance to the company directors and safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and provide legal advice to management about land and other relevant issues.
- The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure as well as advise on land and property transactions.
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (land law, labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defence strategies
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
- Convening and servicing annual general meetings (AGM)/meetings (producing agendas, taking minutes; conveying decisions etc)
- Providing support to committees and working parties such as the Board of Directors etc
- Implementing procedural/administrative systems
- Handling correspondence before and after meetings
- Ensuring policies are kept current, are approved, and that company members are aware of their implications, eg legal
- Writing reports
- Collating information
- Providing legal/financial advice during and outside of meetings.
- Managing contractual arrangements with suppliers/customers
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in boardroom matters & in the business environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of land & corporate law and procedures
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills
- A business qualification will be considered an advantage;
Application Closing Date
Friday, 23rd December, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letters to: [email protected] use the Job title as the subject of your email.
- Kindly state your current salary.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.