Mercy Corps Nigeria is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Project Manager – TARE
- Senior Project Officer – TARE
- Program Coordinator – YES
Project Manager – TARE Job Vacancy at Mercy Corps Nigeria
Job Title: Project Manager – TARE
General Position Summary
- The Project Manager will provide overall leadership, management and strategic vision to the implementation of the GHR-funded TARE program, managing staff, strategic relationships, partners and resources to ensure that the program meets performance-based targets on-time and within budget.
- S/he will work with the Director of Conflict Management Programs to ensure high quality program implementation, staff management, identify new programming opportunities, and will serve as a liaison to external bodies, representing Mercy Corps with government, donors, foundations, and other organizations.
- S/he will lead the implementation of the peacebuilding programming and provide overall management and supervisory guidance for current and future Inter-Religious Peacebuilding in Borno and Middle Belt states.
- S/he will ensure effective coordination and information management across Mercy Corps programming in the project implementation states and will work to integrate best practices in conflict sensitivity across conflict management programs.
- The Project Manager will coordinate with other donor funded programming to achieve cross cutting objectives. The Project Manager will supervise and build the capacity of program staff and ensure accountability to Mercy Corps policies, and donor rules and regulations.
- The Project Manager will be responsible for the following activities across the three states:
- Ensure effective implementation of the GHR-funded TARE program, including meeting deliverables on time, scope and within budget, and according to Mercy Corps and donor quality standards.
- Ensure TARE is responsive to community peacebuilding and conflict management needs. This includes managing relationships with partners and alignment with Mercy Corps principles, values and strategic plans.
- Monitor and adhere to grant agreement, Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures and relevant external rules and regulations.
- Oversee performance of project implementation by partners, and conduct frequent field visits to project sites.
- Ensure implementation of activities is on time, target and budget, using effective systems to reach desired impacts in order to assess program effectiveness, and propose recommendations for improvements.
- In collaboration with the M&E staff, design and implement relevant surveys, data and information collection for on-going monitoring.
- Maintain links and keep informing on up-to-date best practices around conflict management and peacebuilding strategies.
- Demonstrate flexibility, resilience and ability to maintain positive relationships and composure.
- Maintain high ethical standards and treat people with respect and dignity.
- Represent Mercy Corps at government, donor, NGO, community meetings in close coordination with the Director of Conflict Management Programs.
- Coordinate activities with implementing partners, local government representatives, religious leaders, other international and local organizations operating in the same geographic area, as well as with other Mercy Corps programs in Nigeria.
- Implement performance planning and management systems, establish performance expectations with team members, and regularly provide constructive feedback on team members’ performance.
- Promote accountability by conducting staff annual performance reviews, and ensure that supervisory staff does the same.
- Contribute to country team-building efforts and ensure the integration of all team members into relevant decision-making processes.
Program Support Operations:
- Coordinate with program, finance, HR, operations, and administration staff to ensure effective systems are in place to support program activities including logistics, procurement, security, administration, and human resources.
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and communications skills in English are required.
- Strong report development, writing and editing skills required.
- Fluency in Hausa Language required.
- MA/Sc or equivalent in management, social sciences, international development or other relevant field.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience including 4 years in a senior management or technical advisory role, preferably on Conflict Management and Peacebuilding programs.
- Experience engaging with State and Local Government authorities, ministries and relevant institutions.
- Experience implementing programs in the Nigeria’s Middle Belt and Northeast regions.
- Experience managing community-based inter-religious peacebuilding and conflict management interventions.
- Strong training and capacity building experience.
- Deep understanding of the conflict dynamics in Northern Nigeria.
- High attention to detail, and ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- The successful Compliance Manager will show ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary.
- A high professional standard of finance and procurement ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures is essential.
- The ability to take financial data and present it in meaningful financial reports is essential.
Applications Closing Date
22nd December, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit CV’s and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: email@example.com
- All applications must include the position title in the subject line and not more than 4 pages. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage women to apply for this position.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.