Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Distribution Sub-Station Operator (DSO)
- Energy Sales Representative (ESR)
Distribution Sub-Station Operator (DSO) Job vacancy at IKEDC
Advert Code: IE-2016-12-081076398219
Reporting To: Load Coordination Specialist
- Regulates flow of electricity through substation of electric power system and over distribution lines to consumers:
- Records readings of switchboard instruments to compile data concerning quantities of electric power used for substation operation and amounts distributed from station.
- Inspecting, operating and maintaining substations and distribution apparatus consistent with safety regulation.
- Controlling equipment such as Current converter, Voltage transformers and Circuit breakers to regulate the flow of electricity through substations and overhead distribution lines to customers
- Reporting outages, load data to load dispatcher and receiving switching instructions
- Switching and maintaining sub-station equipment for proper operation.
- Performs switching operations in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Maintains daily operating log on all operations, both routine and emergency, and reports on line outages and weather conditions.
- Recording hourly readings of indicating and integrating meters, and changes, marks and checks charts of recording instruments.
- Issues protective tags through established safe clearance procedures for all equipment in the network and substation
- Periodical and regular inspection of station both inside control room and outside in the switch yard to determine proper operation of facilities and maintain security
- Records temperature of transformers at specified intervals.
- Prepares the equipment for operation and starts, stops and controls the units, adjusting the load and voltage and accessory regulating equipment as required.
- Observe switchboard instruments to detect indications of line disturbances, such as grounded, shorted, or open circuit.
- Analyzing problems to determine type of repairs necessary and informing appropriate personnel.
- Notes changes in load and make routine adjustments to meet such changes without immediate supervision. Reports unusual situations to appropriate quarters.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Line Manager
- National Diploma (OND) in Electrical/Electronics Engineering with at least 0-2 years’ experience
- Knowledge of technical handbooks, standards specifications and best practices
- Power Industry Knowledge
- HSE Knowledge
- Good Communication
- Analysis and Reporting Skills
Application Closing Date
22nd December, 2016.
Method of Application
Iinterested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.