Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Grants Officer
- MEAL Manager
- Program Manager, Agriculture and Livelihoods – Yobe
- Program Manager, Agriculture and Livelihoods – Adamawa
- Finance and Admin Assistant
- Technical Officer, M & E
- Program Manager, Agriculture and Livelihoods – Borno
Grants Officer Job Vacancy at CRS
Job Title: Grants Officer
Duration: 1 year
Reports to: Grant Manager
- CRS/Nigeria, is implementing the USAID Feed the Future Nigeria Livelihoods Project. Based in rural communities in Northern Nigeria’s Sokoto, Kebbi and Federal Capital Territory (FCT) with the possibility of expansion to Northeast, the project is using a multi-sector approach to support 42,000 very poor households (HHs) through agriculture production, incomes generation, nutrition and community and government systems strengthen to support these gains.
- The Grants Officer (GO) will ensure that CRS/Nigeria complies with Donor regulations and CRS Agency’s Finance Policies and Procedure and Principle of stewardship.
- The Grants Officer will provide support to the Grants Manager on the overall management of sub-grants financial management. The incumbent will be responsible for managing programmatic and financial compliance with USAID guidelines.
- He/she will assist in budget development process and perform budget analysis duties as assigned by the Grants Manager.
- The Grants Compliance Officer will play an active role in vetting sub recipient’s financial reports and associated support documentation and recommend for liquidation and/or reimbursement in accordance with donor, CRS policies and procedures and GAAP.
- The Grants Compliance Officer will also mentor and guide partners’ finance staff how to effectively render financial returns and as well ensuring compliance with CRS SRFMP
- Assist the GM in Budget Review and Quarterly Cash Forecasting]
- Assist in the reporting Sub-Agreement commitments to be recorded in CRS accounting system.
- Assist in reviewing and processing the issuance of project advances in accordance with CRS and Donor Policies and Procedures.
- Assist in ensuring Project Holder advances are liquidated on timely manner and they are within allotted liquidation timeframe as per CRS policy.
- Verify sub-recipient’s financial reports and associated support documentations and recommend for liquidation and/or reimbursement in accordance with Donor, CRS policies and procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Report any fraudulent activities, observed as part of the review to the Unit Head immediately.
- Ensure Sub-recipients advances are liquidated on timely manner and they are within allotted liquidation timeframe as per CRS policy.
- Prepare Sub-Recipients Aging Report for Program and Management Review on monthly basis.
- Provide onsite training to sub-recipient’s finance staff when required.
- Travel to the field, to visit sub-recipient when required.
- Ensure Project’s files both in hard and electronic copies are up to date.
- Sub-recipients Financial Assessment, monitoring and financial support
- Assist in the assessments of all sub-recipients using HQ Finance’s checklists to have a stratification of the sub-recipients for Country Program.
- Assist the sub-recipients in preparing a Corrective Action Plan within sixty calendar days of the assessment or monitoring visit that addresses each of the identified weaknesses in any of the ten assessed areas scored below 75%.
- Assist Program Managers in making sure that the sub recipients addresses all issues listed in the Internal Control Improvement Plan within 120 calendar days of the assessment or monitoring visit.
- Ensure sub-recipients have in place and adheres to a schedule of planned monitoring visits of sub-recipients during each year. The basis for the selection, timing and frequency of its monitoring visits should be properly documented.
- Ensure all monitors prepare and submit a written trip report for each visit to a sub-recipient.
- Support sub recipients in capturing, documenting and reporting cost share
Qualifications and Abilities
- BSc/HND in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or related fields;
- Professional qualification would be added advantage – ICAN, ACCA
- Minimum of two years’ relevant experience, preferably with an International Organization.
- Must be a matured, motivated, problem solving individual with high levels of initiative;
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong internal relationship management and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software – MS Office (PowerPoint and Excel especially);
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results:
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form Below” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected] Title of the position must be stated as the subject of the email.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.