MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Manager, Logistics & Warehouse
- Manager, Order Management
- Manager, Inventory Management
- Manager, Planning and Forecasting
- Manager – Commercial and Indirect Sourcing
- Supervisor Freight Clearance
- Supervisor Expediting
- Specialist Contracts
- Administrator Freight Clearance
- Analyst, Supply Chain Management (Commercial)
- Officer, Compliance
- Analyst, Supply Chain Management (Technology)
- General Manager – Finance Business Partnering
- Project Coordinator Managed Data Network Services
- Switch Operations Engineer
- ES Brand Communications Manager
- IP Access Planning Engineer
Manager, Logistics & Warehouse Job Vacancy at MTN Nigeria
Job Title: Manager, Logistics & Warehouse
- Manager, Logistics & Warehouse is part of the planning and fulfillment department and would lead the Logistics & Warehouse processes for the respective regions.
- The logistics management processes cover all aspects of warehousing and transportation requirements (for both trading stock as well as assets) including planning & managing deliveries, management of inventory returned from site/customers including receipt, repair / replacement by supplier or declared as scrap and disposal.
- The inventory management process covers trading stock, assets and any other material that may be handled in MTN’s warehouse or by an outsourcing service provider. This covers devices, SIM cards, scratch cards, any promotional material, all network related inventory including spares, IT and others where applicable. Furthermore, the processes incorporate latest trends in inventory management, which include vendor managed inventory, consigned inventory and logistics service providers.
- These processes would involve interactions with Opco SCM team, Centers of Excellence (CoE) and external suppliers, where applicable.
- Manager, WIL would be involved in inventory, warehouse and logistics management processes and would be responsible for the activities performed by the subordinates.
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative, capital/budget efficiency activities within the Unit, contracts review and negotiation in collaboration with the Procurement team, structural changes within the Unit etc.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing stakeholders within your immediate ecosystem for MTNN’s benefit. This includes participation in credible external think-tank sessions, involvement in inter-divisional focus Group sessions to improve business performance etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, think-tank activities etc.
- Role model the vital behaviours needed to sustain organisational performance and drive people management activities by being the principal coach for your direct reports using the people management framework. Participate in employee engagement projects such as mentorship, facilitating programs, etc. In addition, support recruitment, on boarding and grievance management processes etc.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external suppliers.
- Coordinate, coach and influence external partners and essential support departments across MTNN’s business units to deliver a seamless pre-sales and post-sales service experience.
- Build and maintain productive relationship with key regional stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient regional stock availability and distribution and deal with related issues and problems.
- Ensure optimum inventory levels by monitoring inventory on a regular basis and request for replenishment on time
- Plan and conduct inventory count and ensure completion of the count on time
- Maintain inventory count sheet and registers
- Plan and facilitate disposal of redundant, obsolete and scrap material
- Impose Best storage and inventory preservation methodologies to ensure fit for purpose use
- Ensure effective utilization of Material Handling Equipment
- Monitor the performance of warehouse personnel and ensure the warehouse activities are carried on in an appropriate manner
- Supervise the activities within warehouse and ensure adherence to the warehousing guidelines
- Ensure timelines are met in case of any request for transfer, dispatch, etc. of the stocks from warehouse
- Ensure warehouse is clearly demarcated with receiving area, dispatch area, staging area, etc.
- Identify any issue with respect to damage, wear, etc. while moving the components to stock
- Plan kitting schedule by taking into consideration stock availability, resources and production plan for the period
- Generate pick list based on the requirement as per BOM and identify inventory items needed to complete kits
- Generate shortage list and ensure delivery of materials to be expedited after considering stock on hand and shortage
- Gather the defined list of documents while preparing kits e.g. routing sheets, work instructions, special handling requests, waivers etc. Assemble kit & transfer to stock
- Reconcile inventory and analyse errors. Document the reason for shortage of inventory and analyse the shortage errors
- Back flush inventory in system
- Identify and document specific inventory shortages for parts of kits or stand-alone material items
- Record part number and other inventory identification for the inventory which is missing / deficient
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
- First degree in Engineering or Supply Chain Management or Finance or any related discipline
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Experience in warehouse/ order management / inventory management
- Experience dealing with customers (service industry)
- Working knowledge of Oracle
- Knowledge of customer database management principles
- Knowledge of customer order fulfillment, customer delivery, determining availability, etc.
- Understanding of process for booking, tracking and monitoring of orders
- Enterprise system knowledge
- Financial management skills
- Transport Management systems
- BA, BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND
Application Closing Date
8th December, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.