Save the Children Nigeria is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Program Manager – CDGP
- Policy Specialist
- Internal Audit and Control Coordinator
- Cash Transfer Specialist
Program Manager – CDGP Job Vacancy at Save the Children Nigeria
Job Title: Program Manager – CDGP
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
The incumbent will strategically lead and manage the Child Development Grant Programme in Northern Nigeria; s/he will be accountable for the achievement of programme deliverables and delivery of the joint log-frame within the consortium of Save the Children and Action Against Hunger.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Manage and lead programme related strategic liaison with in-country government, donors, consortium INGOs and Agencies. Manage relationships to ensure ongoing programme performance and technical quality assurance.
- Ensuring the programme meets or exceeds agreed targets, including reviewing cross-consortium programme performance data and programme management arrangements on a monthly basis, identifying and agreeing residual actions, mitigation activities and influencing consortium partners to ensure partner performance is maintained.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the technical team to ensure that the programme achieves technical excellence, embedding continuous improvements in operational aspects of programmes.
- Inspire, lead and motivate programme teams to deliver on programme objectives.
- Ensure that the project is appropriately staffed across Save the Children and consortium members, including the appropriate combination of expertise across technical and operational areas
- Identify, implement and improve accountability mechanisms for operating under commercial arrangements across partnerships and programme consortium arrangements including contract compliance considerations.
- Develop programme systems that are flexible and responsive to changing demands of programme implementation.
- Ensure that an effective monitoring system is in place for achieving prior agreed targets in relation to programme activities, budget allocations and financial expenditures, ensuring that value for money can be effectively demonstrated to the donor
- Identify and effectively manage all key risks related to the programme
- Demonstrate and ensure programme implementation demonstrates high levels of commitment to Save the Children and our vision, mission and values in order to ensure the objectives of your role and the country programme are met.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace.
- Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy to ensure maximum protection for children
- Ensure strong budget management and compliance and resource utilisation
Qualifications Skills & Experience
- Prior experience of designing and/or delivering large scale (in excess of £10m) cash transfer programmes
- Proven ability to manage large consortiums with a minimum of 4 years experience managing multi-regional or multi-country programmes
- Demonstrable track record of meeting or exceeding programme targets, while maintaining technical quality.
- Ability to represent the cash transfer programme at a strategic level and engage and influence key stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience of working with national and/or regional level government structures to strengthen the capacity of the state to take ownership for and deliver services.
- Self-motivated and results orientated.
- Highly numerically articulate with a track record of data manipulation and use of spreadsheets and reporting systems.
- Experience in management of finance and budget monitoring and risk management.
- Proven ability to motivate and develop others
- Highly diplomatic and emotionally intelligent with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong communication, and interpersonal skills in English, with substantial experience in managing multicultural teams
- Experience of building, leading and developing a team of senior staff with different backgrounds and expertise
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
Desirable Experience and Characteristics:
- Post-graduate qualification in Public Health, or Nutrition or Food Security related relevant discipline
- Substantial experience of working and living in Africa, ideally with professional experience in Nigeria
- Demonstrable understanding of Value for Money and DFID results agenda.
- Ability to coach and mentor multi-sectoral partner
Application Closing Date
20th December, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.