British Council Nigeria is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- IELTS Examiner – Abuja
- IELTS Examiner – Kwara
- IELTS Examiner – Rivers
- IELTS Examiner – Cross-Rivers
- IELTS Examiner – Oyo
- IELTS Examiner – Edo
- IELTS Examiner – Enugu
- IELTS Examiner – Lagos
IELTS Examiner – Abuja Job Vacancy at British Council Nigeria
Job Title: IELTS Examiner
Reference number: IELTS Examiners
- We are looking for examiners to conduct one to one interviews with IELTS candidates to assess their spoken English according to set requirements, and assess written scripts produced by candidates under exam conditions.
- Examiners are recruited on a casual basis and are expected to examine at least ten sessions a year at regular intervals.
- IELTS examinations regularly take place in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. Therefore, we are looking for examiners who live in, or within relatively easy reach of these cities. We may occasionally run examinations in other cities in Nigeria.
- Training of successful candidates will be after shortlisting.
IELTS Examiner Minimum Professional Requirements
Examiner applicants are required to meet the Minimum Professional Requirements MPRs) in three areas, as outlined below:
1.) Recognised Qualifications:
- An undergraduate degree or qualification(s) that can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an undergraduate degree.
- A TEFL/TESOL qualification from a recognised institution (at minimum certificate level)
- EFL / ESOL related studies completed as part of an undergraduate / post graduate award course from a recognised institution (minimum certificate level equivalent)
- A degree in Education (if supported by an undergraduate degree which includes studies focused on English language at first bullet point above)
If requested, applicants are required to provide additional information regarding their qualifications (e.g. transcript, course curriculum etc) in order to support the assessment of studies completed. Any expenses related to verifying qualifications are to be paid by the applicant.
2.) Teaching Experience:
- A minimum of three years full-time relevant teaching experience (or equivalent part time) is required*. The majority of this teaching experience must relate to adult students (16 years and over).
- If an applicant’s EFL / ESOL qualification is at certificate level (or equivalent), one of the three years full-time teaching experience must be post EFL / ESOL certificate qualification. If the EFL / ESOL qualification is at Diploma level or higher, teaching experience post EFL / ESOL qualification is not required
* Note: ‘Full-time teaching’ is classified as a minimum of 14 hours of face-to-face teaching per week
3.) Professional Attributes and Interpersonal Skills:
- An IELTS Examiner is expected to have the following professional attributes and interpersonal skills:
- Completes tasks accurately and in sufficient detail
- Observes the need for confidentiality and security
- Responds positively to guidance and advice
- Acts professionally at all times
- Communicates effectively with colleagues and candidates and treats others with respect
- Is sensitive to cultural differences
Remuneration is paid per interview/script
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should read through the IELTS Examiner Minimum Professional Requirements & IELTS Guide for Examiner Applicants documents. Download and complete the Application Form and the Reference Request form below.
Completed applications should be sent via email to:
- IELTS Examiner Minimum Professional Requirements (Adobe PDF 16KB)
- Examiner Application Form (Microsoft Word 154KB)
- Reference Request Form (Microsoft Word 47KB)
- IELTS Guide for Examiner Applicants (Adobe PDF 20KB)
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.