IITA is inviting applications for the internationally recruited position below:
Job Title: Head, Hospitality and Travel Services
Job Location: Ibadan
- The candidate should have a BSc/BA degree in Business Administration, Hotel/Hospitality Management or other relevant field.
- Any related advanced degree will be an added advantage.
Years of Experience: Minimum of 10 years proven experience with five at a Senior Management level in the hospitality business/corporate travel unit of an international organization.
Other Requirements: Core Competencies
- Working knowledge of MS Office and relevant software (e-g. ERP); knowledge of hotel management software (PMS) is an advantage.
- Demonstrable aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Reliable with ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Outstanding communication (oral and written) and good negotiation skills.
- Excellent hands-on experience in customer service or sales management skills.
- Good interpersonal, excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Numeracy and logistical planning skills. Great attention to details.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural environment.
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- Understanding of all hotel management best practices and relevant laws and guidelines.
- Knowledge of international travel regulations, customs and currencies.
- Solid understanding of hospitality procedure and best practices.
- Excellent analytical mind with strong business acumen.
- Ability to balance customer and business priorities.
- Knowledge of quality standards (e.g. ISO).
The contract will be for an initial period of three years with possibility of renewal based on performance and availability of funding. IITA offers internationally competitive remuneration package paid in U.S. Dollars.
Job Specification(s): Position Responsibilities
This position reports to the Deputy Director General-Corporate Services. The tasks are as follows:
- Manage I-House, Ikeja Guest House, Abuja Guest House to international standards and oversee Travel Services and Sports centre.
- Lead, recruit, develop and retain staff to deliver services in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Plan and manage new acquisitions, maintenance and upgrade of facilities of all IITA guest houses as required.
- Initiate energy saving methods.
- Ensure delivery of effective client focused services.
- Give professional support to leisure activities on the Ibadan compound and organize social events to enhance the quality of social life on IITA campus.
- Manage bookings and the use of the IITA Ibadan Conference Centre
- Continue to enhance revenue generation through effective use of Hospitality and Travel Service facilities.
- Ensure effective cost recovery of all operations, and meet the set zero budget targets.
- Provide continuous staff training and good customer care.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by management.
Apply Before: 28th December, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
- This is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants who have submitted applications need not re-apply
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.