African Reinsurance Corporation is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Underwriting Officer (Life)
Job Location: Lagos
Educational Qualification: First University degree in relevant fields
Years of Experience: 3 years post qualification relevant qualitative work-related experience with emphasis in a relevant discipline preferably in Insurance/Reinsurance.
Other Requirements: Main Competencies Required for this Position
- Good skill in business software tools: Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Basic Knowledge of Life Assurance.
- Good command of both written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in French language shall be an added advantage.
- Excellent IT skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) are required;
- Good knowledge of reinsurance and retrocession.
- Good supervision and reporting skills
- Knowledge of Health Insurance Laws and Regulations
- Adequate knowledge of some actuarial concepts such as the present values of a series of payments, compound interest and amortization schedule.
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Relevant work experience in a Reinsurance Company or Reinsurance and/or Reinsurance Department of an Insurance Company is an added advantage.
Applicants must also be:
- Nationals of member States of Africa Re;
- Not more than 28 years old.
- Fluent in English Language. However, a basic knowledge of French language would be an added advantage;
Salary and Benefits
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Grade Level SS2
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
- Medical cover for staff and recognized dependents;
- Housing Allowance
- Transport Allowance
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
- Children education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
Job Specification(s): Responsibilities
- Providing necessary technical support to the Life Underwriting Unit (West Africa) in ensuring the effective performance of the Unit.
- Assist the Life Underwriting Unit in coordinating activities of the Unit.
- Manage Policy cessions in the Life Administration System.
- Assist the Life Underwriter in the assessment of medical reports from cedants up to a certain limit of sum assured.
- Recording, verifying and processing statements received from cedants including premium closings, quarterly accounts, excess of loss premiums, etc.
- Preparing renewal notices for facultative businesses and forwarding same to cedants upon approval of the Life Underwriter
- Preparing monthly statistics on request by the Underwriter and/or the Regional Director
- Manage Life Reinsurance Contract details in the Reinsurance System.
- Assist the Life Underwriting Unit in marketing activities and client relationship.
- Renewal of contracts in the RMS
- Data processing and management in the Life Reassurance Administration System
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Life Underwriter or management.
Apply Before: 16th December, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply