Townsend Property Investments Limited is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Legal Officer
- Personal Assistant
Legal Officer Job Vacancy at Townsend Property Investments Limited
Job Title: Legal Officer
- We need a Legal Officer to the Managing Director/CEO.
- An experienced PA being a Lawyer is required for this position to ensure that the Managing Director/CEO has excellent administrative support, enabling her to focus on business development and high-level management issues.
- S/he will be an excellent organizer and communicator with a proactive and friendly attitude.
- S/he must have the multi-tasking ability and flexibility to work in the dynamic and ever-evolving environment, and must be able to work well under pressure to meet tight deadline.
- S/he legal experience is expected to be used to handle of the legal related activities of the company at any particular time.
As a Legal Officer, your responsibilities include but not limited to the under listed:
- Provide as well as superintends the provision of legal advisory services to the company;
- In conjunction with external solicitors, supervises the provision of litigation services to the company;
- Organize and attend management meetings and render all necessary secretarial services in respect thereof;
- Advising on compliance issues generally with the applicable laws, rules and regulations;
- Maintaining the registers and other records required to be maintained by the company under subsisting legislations;
- Developing and overseeing the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes of Corporate Governance, as well as all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements;
- To develop, in conjunction with the various relevant departments appropriate contracting systems and procedures for the service;
- To establish and maintain a contract monitoring system with relevant departments that ensures that service providers and vendors abide by the dictates of their contracts;
- To take responsibility, as delegated, for negotiating, implementing, monitoring and reviewing contractual arrangements with independent service providers.
- To ensure that the contracting process is efficient, focuses on service outcomes and is underpinned by the principles of best value;
- To regularly review contract compliance through liaison, support and performance monitoring as a means of assisting providers maintain agreed standards.
Qualification, Experience & Attributes
- Minimum of 2nd Class Upper LL.B Degree; and Barrister at Law (BL) from any reputable tertiary institution.
- Minimum of 4 years Legal Officer and company secretary experience with a large listed company.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- A very good organizational skill.
- Excellent presentation, written and communication skills.
- Ability to fluently interface with all levels of senior management.
- Ability to think creatively, multi-task and work without supervision.
- The successful candidate must not be more than 30 years of age.
- Be confidential with all information concerning the MD except when you have authorization to do otherwise.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly send their CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 5th December, 2016.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.