Médecins du Monde is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Job Location: Borno
Educational Qualification: Minimum education level: University Degree or HND
Years of Experience: A minimum of 1 year professional experience in a similar position
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to solve problems and think laterally, must be innovative
- Team player
- Experience working in humanitarian emergency settings is an asset.
- Experience in purchasing
- Languages: (spoken and written) English, (spoken) Kanuri and Hausa.
- Excellent Office Word and Excel skills
- Strong work ethic and rigor
Under the supervision of the Logistics Coordinator, the Logistics Assistant will be responsible for the following activities:
- Purchase process: local purchase process of goods for the mission, under the supervision of the logistic Coordinator, according to the MDM purchasing procedures.
- Stock Management: Regularly check inventory, levels (physical counts), organization of Stock, cleanliness and access.
- Administration: Work in close collaboration with administrator according to the committing expenditures and procurement process
- Security: Input to the mission security protocols
- Relationship Building: Network with other INGOs, Government bodies to improve communication and share information, particularly relating to security
- Fleet Management: Follow up of cars maintenance and drivers movements.
- Guest House Office: Follow up the maintenance of equipment, identify needed repairs, contact repairers and buy material. Establish the monthly needs regarding the running stock (water, cleaning products, etc.…) and realize the purchase. Follow the guards working schedule.
Apply Before: Not Specified
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s, Cover Letters (including job reference), B.Sc or HND copy, and ID copy (Valid means of Identification), to: [email protected]
- We’ll pay attention only to the complete files in English.
- Our process of selection include some tests and interviews.
- Interviews will take place in Maiduguri, travel expenses for the interview are not paid.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted