Abt Associates is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Technical Specialist 10 / Program Coordinator
- Administrative Assistant / Finance and Administrative Assistant
- Technical Specialist 10 / Health Finance Advisor
Technical Specialist 10 / Program Coordinator Job Vacancy at Abt Associates
Job Title: Technical Specialist 10 / Program Coordinator
Req Id: 44542
- Abt Associates seeks a qualified Program Coordinator / Technical Specialist 10 to support the International Health Division in Nigeria.
- Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, Abt Associates was ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms in 2012 and also named one of the top 40 international development innovators. The company has multiple offices in the U.S. and program offices in nearly 40 countries.
- In Nigeria, HFG will provide technical assistance to help implement activities in collaboration with Nigerian civil society organizations, appropriate Government of Nigeria (GoN) State Ministries (such as the State Ministries of Health and State Ministries of Economics, Budget, and Planning, State Ministries of Finance), Departments and Agencies (MDAs) such as the Lagos State Agency for the Control of Aids (LSACA) and the Rivers State Agency for the Control of Aids (RivSACA).
- In furtherance to HFG’s previous work in Nigeria, USAID plans to deploy the Sustainable Financing Initiative (SFI) to increase service coverage, strengthen financial protection, and improve access to vulnerable populations. Across its partner countries, SFI will finance activities related to advocacy, tax administration and policy reform, efficiency, innovative financing, and private sector engagement in order to generate domestic resources for HIV and AIDS programming.
- As a result of program expansion, HFG seeks to engage a Program Coordinator that will coordinate program activities in supported states. The program coordinator is expected to work closely with the CoP to effectively coordinate HFG activities at the state level and provide timely and periodic updates on states related issues. The Program Coordinator will report to the Chief of Party.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with the CoP to coordinate field activities to ensure timely implementation of planned activities of HFG Nigeria without compromising quality and efficiency;
- Ensure an effective collaboration with the communications and Knowledge Management unit to identify and document success stories/lessons learned;
- Update the progress tracking sheet in partnership with state program coordinators in the priority states;
- Coordinate all programmatic and administrative activities as it relates to the state program coordinators in the priority states;
- Participate in work planning and strategic review of documents
- Carry out other program related activities as requested by the CoP.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Master’s Degree (minimum), in Public Health, Social Sciences, Business or other relevant Health Systems Strengthening fields;
- At least six years of progressive professional experience in Administration, public health, health financing, health economics or pubic finance management;
- Project support/back-stopping, health and international experience;
- Organizational skills and leadership capabilities and the ability to lead multidisciplinary and multicultural teams;
- Demonstrated oversight ability that ensures quality, relevance and timeliness;
- Knowledge about US Government development assistance policy and USAID operational procedures is desirable; and
- High level of computer proficiency and demonstrated good oral and writing communication skills.
- 6+ years of experience and a master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.