Save the Children Nigeria is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Nutrition Advisor-STEER
- Logistics Manager
- Nutrition Adviser
- Nutrition Project Coordinator
Nutrition Advisor-STEER Job Vacancy at Save the Children Nigeria
Job Title: Nutrition Advisor-STEER
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- As a member of the STEER Team, the Nutrition Advisor will support technical programme management, information gathering, results communication and documentation.
- He/She will be expected to support project level assessment, project planning and coordination.
- With supervision from the STEER Technical Director, the Nutrition Advisor will generally support the design and implementation of high quality nutrition interventions in the STEER Project States and provide technical oversight on activities of the Nutrition Coordinators in the Project.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Monitor nutrition interventions implemented by the STEER Project to ensure strategy and plans are followed.
- Provide programme technical support through frequent field visits to the implementing States, presenting a report with recommendations.
- Ensure teams develop quality timely workplans and budgets according to the frequency requested by the project.
- Support training of Project Staff on nutrition or other related topics.
- Participate in technical meetings related to nutrition programmes, when requested.
- Monitor that accountability and participation mechanisms for adults and children are planned for and correctly implemented in the STEER Project.
- Supported by the STEER Technical Director, lead on supporting national level coordination with stakeholders and Save the Children direct responses.
- Observe principles of child rights programming inform in all activities related to nutrition programming including design, analysis, implementation and M& E with a particular focus on gender and diversity, children’s participation. Ensure quality of practice by adhering to the SC Practice Standards on Child Participation.
- Support recruitment of technical staff for the project, as well as induction.
Documentation and reporting:
- Support State teams to produce timely high quality reports and documentation both to meet donor and internal demands.
- Provide information and other communication materials for effective support of other departments by meeting service requirements.
- Contribute to policy development relating to nutrition and ensure this is consistent with Save the Children overall approach.
Representation and proposal development:
- Participate on the development and review of nutrition related national documents (guidelines, policies, etc.) providing technical inputs in line with Save the Children position paper, policies and evidence based programme expertise.
- Support proposal development, including budgets, for funding both to maintain and expand Save the Children’s work and influence within the nutrition sector.
- Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s child protection policies and other staff policies.
Management and human resources development:
- Line manage staff as defined by the Country Office organogram.
- Support learning and development of line managed staff, by directly building their capacities, advising on learning needs, sharing training opportunities and encouraging the use of e-tools for self-learning.
- Ensure performance reviews line managed staff and other HR requirements are met.
Place of Work:
- The post will be based in Abuja, but will require approximately 50% time travelling in other States.
Skills, Experience and Education
- Academic/professional qualification at post graduate level or equivalent in Public Health and/or Nutrition.
- Substantial operational experience (at least 5 years) and a track record of success on nutrition programming in the context of HIV including IYCF.
- Experience in project management of at least 2 years.
- Demonstrable experience in budget formulation and monitoring.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities, manageable work plans and evaluate progress.
- Demonstrable ability to acquire a high level of thematic expertise on priority issues within nutrition.
- Experience in providing technical support to partners and in particular government at senior levels.
- Proven capacity to develop a network of contacts with key players from amongst government, donors, international agencies and NGOs, to maintain these relationships over time and to raise significant funding from donor grants.
- Strong computer skills required, especially the ability to work comfortably in the MS office package
- Ability to work independently and manage various projects in a team setting with limited supervision
- Demonstrated ability to assess priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels.
- Proven capacity to deliver results against objectives, reporting schedules and workplans.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proficient in word processing, presentations and spreadsheet computer packages.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s values and mission.
- Analytical & research skills, experience in conducting health systems research, ability to analyse data using SPSS/ EPInfo/ STATA etc
- Work experience in health/public health and or in a health/public health organisation, including as a trainer.
- Experience with providing institutional support and technical assistance to development partners, government/community institutions
- Ability to work effectively both independently (with minimal supervision) and as a member of a team
- Commitment to gender equity, child rights, community empowerment, and grassroots development approaches
- Effective planning and organising skills
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.