International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) seeks to recruit to fill the following vacant positions:
- Administrative Assistant II
- Systems and Application Assistant
Administrative Assistant II Job Vacancy at IITA
Job Title: Administrative Assistant II
Ref No: IITA-HR-NRS2016-048
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Carry out all secretarial support services in Hospitality and Travel Services Unit;
- Monitor and maintain effective filling of incoming and outgoing mail, attend to customers and collect the meal tickets monthly for all staff;
- Prepare and collate Short term staff LOP for approval, checking of biometrics for casual workers and prepare monthly fees for casual workers and DPC’s;
- Prepare daily menu and weekend menu on IITA Intranet and send to the concerned destinations;
- Monitor and maintain stock of stationeries;
- Request for stationeries from central stores via oracle and send work orders for the repairs/replacement for different sections of Hospitality & Travel Services;
- Carry out monthly report of Staff, Short Term Staff and Casuals, NYSC/Industrial Attachment Students
- Monitor leave roster for all the staff;
- Coordinate the renewal of Short Term Staff and Casuals;
- Collate Staff/Short Term Staff Overtime and input on Paypers/Excel Spread Sheet for Head, Hospitality & Travel Services’ approval.
- Develop and maintain bulletin for Hospitality and Travel Services Unit;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- HND/BSc in Business Administration or related field with 2 years’ experience performing same role.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be a good team player.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Be computer literate.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
8th December, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested applicant should forward their applications including a covering letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.