Discovery Cycle Professionals (DCP) is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Junior Accountant
- Chief Finance Officer (CFO)
- (IT) Information Technology Manager
- Head of Sales and Marketing
- Human Resource/Business Development Executive
- Head of (IT) Information Technology
- Marketing/Sales Executive
- Customer Service Executive
Junior Accountant Job Vacancy at DCP
Job Title: Junior Accountant
Position Start Date: Immediately
Reports to: Chief Finance Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Accounts & Finance
- The Junior Accountant is responsible for the general accounting function including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and account and bank reconciliations.
- Also involved in assisting with monthly closings and account analysis and supporting the senior accountant in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department.
- Prepare journal entries
- Complete general ledger operations
- Monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
- Draw up monthly financial reports
- Prepare analysis of accounts as requested
- Assist with year-end closings
- Administer accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Prepare tax computations and returns
- Assist in preparing budgets and forecasts
- Assist with payroll administration
- Monitor and resolve bank issues including fee anomalies and check differences
- Account/bank reconciliations
- Review and process expense reports
- Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Act as a liaison for vendors, sales agents and marketers to reconcile any billing discrepancies
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Assist with other accounting projects
- Any other duties suitable to task and commensurate with ability.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 2 years related work experience.
- Hands-on experience working with general ledgers.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, finance principles and financial reporting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- Prior experience in an ICT-based environment is highly desirable.
- Problem solving, stress management and time management skills are required.
- Proficient at using ERP systems and Microsoft office software: World Wide Web (internet), MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Proficiency in relevant accounting software.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws regarding accounting, finances and taxation.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organizing
- Scheduling and monitoring
- Communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Team work
Application Closing Date
Friday, 2nd December, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates MUST submit the following documents; A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all previous job responsibilities and a cover letter to: [email protected]ng
- Please reference the job title and location on the cover letter and resume /CV.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position or PREVIOUS to access the previous vacant position.