Spectrum Forwarding & International Logistics Limited is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Import/Export Supervisor
- Management Accountant
Import/Export Supervisor Job Vacancy at Spectrum Forwarding & International Logistics Limited
Job Title: Import/Export Supervisor
Job Location: Lagos
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handling all aspects of international freight movements (export by Sea, air and/or land) You will act as a conduit between our customer and carriers to ensure all needs are met within the specified delivery time, taking responsibility for monitoring progress and keeping the customer advised of the status.
- Manage Import/Export Documentation and Processes to agreed KPIs.
- The day to day monitoring of freight forwarders transporting inbound/outbound freight
- Obtaining freight quotes from suppliers and providing costs to sales teams
- Internal analysis of freight costs, identify issues, over charging and any associated corrective actions.
- Invoice checking to meet tight deadlines
- Build strategic, professional and ethical relationships with internal and external entities
- Ensure a consistently high level of service and communication by supporting Supply Chain and Customer Services to meet deadlines.
- Complete FOA documentation,
- Anticipate and plan for future changes to any current legislation.
- Review and audit import/export documentation and ensure that correct harmonized codes are being applied by the 3rd party importing agents, identify errors, taking corrective action when required.
- Complete monthly HMRC reconciliation for sign off by senior management team.
- Review and update all process documentation in Cochlear document management system.
- Maintenance of import/export country database.
- Liaise directly with carrier and customers on shipment planning and coordination
- Engage with dedicated customer on daily basis ensuring goods move as planned.
- Complete ad-hoc freight procurement
- Handle and be experienced in international documentation such as; Bill of Lading, Letters of Credit & Bills of Exchange
- Advise on or complete customs clearance
- Investigate customer queries and concerns
- Liaise directly with carriers and agents to resolve exceptions and discrepancies as they arise
- Work with suppliers and Demand Planners to ensure efficient customs procedures.
- Manage communications and relations with internal/external customers & suppliers.
- Follow relevant quality procedures in order to deliver quality products and services and identify and support the implementation of continuous improvement
- Day to day carrier management
- Any other duties as required
- 3years + experience within the Freight Forwarding Industry as an Import/Export specialist or progression to this level.
- Sound knowledge of import and export procedures. An in-depth knowledge of the complete supply chain so that you can co-ordinate effectively and liaise with vendors and departments.
- Very good understanding of day to day ocean freight operations, the principles of global supply chains and logistics operations
- Clear understanding of Practical and procedural knowledge of international documentation
- Must have a proven track record in implementing and maintaining carrier and internal shipping systems. In addition to this you will have a good understanding of the systems and electronic communication methods used to keep track of stock movements, delivery times, transport costs and performance evaluation.
- Excellent knowledge of MS excel & General knowledge of other MS office products, Outlook, powerpoint, word
- Inter-personal skills – Influencing, communication, relationship management, cultural awareness and ability to work across teams
- Desire and commitment to achieve excellence.
- Good understanding of tariff codes processes.
- Worked in freight forwarding/knowledge of 3PLs.
- Knowledge and ability to demonstrate internal and external customer management.
- Competent at using all online portals (EU/HMRC) associated with the management of imports and exports.
- Good employment history with Supervisory experience ideally
- Need to be IT literate
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their applications via mail to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 09/12/2016
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.