Catholic Relief Services (CRS) seeks to recruit to fill the vacant positions below:
- Supply Chain Management Specialist (State-Level)
- M&E Specialist
- Administrative Officer
- Internal Auditor
- Database Specialist
- Advocacy, Communication, Social Mobilization (ACSM) Advisor
Supply Chain Management Specialist (State-Level) Job Vacancy at CRS
Job Title: Supply Chain Management Specialist (State-Level)
Department: Global Fund Malaria Program
Position Band: D – 1
Reports to: Supply Chain Management (SCM) Manager
CRS has a long and rich history of collaboration with the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund). Since 2003, CRS has been awarded over $290 million in Global Fund resources to implement programs in 27 countries. In Nigeria, CRS is a sub-recipient (SR) on the Global Fund HIV and Malaria grants and will assume the role of principal recipient (PR) for the Global Fund Malaria grant starting January 2017. As PR, CRS will partner with the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP), various state governments and malaria partners and stakeholders to coordinate the 2017 long lasting insecticide treated nets (LLIN) mass campaigns in 7 states. CRS will also manage and oversee SRs to deliver a range of malaria treatment and prevention services at the state level.
- The SCM Specialist will be based at State Ministry of Health (SMoH) offices to support the implementation of procurement and supply chain management activities at the state level and with partner health facilities.
- The focus will be on building capacity of partnering health facilities in all areas of procurement and supply chain management, including but not limited to forecasting and quantification, inventory management, storage/warehousing, distributions, quality assurance and quality controls, and reporting.
- The SCM Specialist will ensure a coordination role between actors at the state level.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Serve as a link between CRS and National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP), SMoH, and NMEP’s third party logistics agents to ensure the supply of commodities to health facilities is seamless
- Support partner health facilities in forecasting and quantification of malaria commodities and the submission of their bi-monthly Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) reports by collecting, synthesizing and transmitting data & information related to commodity utilization at the partner facilities as an input into forecasting future needs for CRS and NMEP
- Provide technical assistance and strengthen the capacity of health facility personnel and Community Oriented Resource Persons (CORPs) as appropriate in the management of malaria commodities and distribution in the assigned state(s)
- Participate in site assessment visits and contribute actively to the development of strengthening plans
- Work with partner health facilities to implement pharmacy related improvements and recommendations identified during assessments
- Apply training guides and resources to facilitate capacity building at the SMoH and partner health facilities as needed and as new protocols are developed
- Conduct physical inventory of malaria commodities in the partner facilities on monthly basis and sends report to the SCM and Technical Managers accordingly
- Support quality assurance and quality control activities, as needed
- In collaboration with NMEP’s State Logistics Officer, ensure that delivery of health products from the State Medical Stores to CRS’ partner facilities is well coordinated with appropriate and timely refills of commodities based on bi-monthly facility stock reports submitted by facilities
- Write and submit monthly and quarterly progress reports to the SCM and Technical Managers
- Represent CRS at all state level SCM meetings and SCM technical working groups
- Ensure that Global Fund guidance is adhered to in the various procurement and supply chain management activities.
Agency Wide Competences (for all CRS staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with integrity
- Models stewardship
- Cultivates constructive relationships
- Promotes learning
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Global Fund Malaria Program Team, Deputy Country Representative, and Finance, Procurement and Administration Staff
- External: assigned SMoH and partner health facility staff, NMEP’s third party logistics agents, LFA staff, NMEP logistics staff and other staff of the Government of Nigeria
- Bachelor’s degree in a Health-related discipline, Logistics Management, Business Administration or any other related degree from a recognized university; B. Pharm preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in providing technical and managerial services in pharmaceutical and health supplies logistics
- Specific experience in malaria is strongly desired
- Ability to form relationships and work closely with national and state level health authorities and partners
- Demonstrated ability to monitor, supervise, and provide support to health facilities in supply chain activities
- Familiarity with local logistical operations in the country such as distribution, inventory management and warehousing operations
- Demonstrable ability to provide training in rational use of medicines, inventory management and issues relating to drug supply management
- Ability to work both in a team and independently and ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training
- Experience with, and a demonstrated commitment to, community-based approach to development
- Ability to interface with multiple stakeholders, representatives, and partners in a professional manner on an ongoing basis
- Excellent analytical and information seeking skills, good decision-making skills
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly to the partner sites and on short notice
How to Apply:
- Title of the position and desired location must be stated as the subject of the email E.g. Position – Abuja.
- Applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 5th December, 2016.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.