British American Tobacco plc (informally BAT) is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant & Area Records Management Coordinator
Job Location: Lagos
Educational Qualification: BSc/BA Degree
Years of Experience: Work experience in a similar role in a leading corporate organisation would be an added advantage.
- Solid secretarial and administrative skills, including excellent verbal and written communication
- Self-starter, keen and confident to use own initiative
- Proactive “can do” work ethic – flexible approach to working
- Firm foundation of interpersonal skills – mature, responsible, assertive attitude
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to establish priorities, maintain confidentiality and work under pressure
- Good numeric skills to work with financial systems and resolve queries
- Applicants must possess very good working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The job also demands a person with excellent interpersonal & communication skills and a flair for preparing complex reports in PowerPoint, word and excel.
ii. Area Records Management Coordinator
Functional Success Criteria
Success Criterion Level Description
Understanding and ability to apply Records Management Policies and Principles
Corp Law/Secretarial Practice
Demonstrates a good general knowledge of corporate law in the relevant market.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively at all levels within the organisation
- High level of literacy and attention to detail
- Close working relationship with employees in particular the Legal department, Records Management Coordinators and Functional Heads
- In-depth knowledge of the Nigeria Area offices organisation and management structures
- Strong IT skills
- Strong people management skills – able to influence people and conduct training session either one-on-one or group
- Project Management skills
The job holder must be able to work independently and have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of both the practical and theory of the EEMEA Records Management Programme. The job holder will be responsible for maintaining all Nigeria Area Offices Retention Schedules and will undertake the training of the Nigeria Area offices employees to ensure that employees are aware of and comply with the RMP policies. Also assist the Records Management coordinators in carrying out Group RM Training Programmes and spot checking of the Nigeria Area offices.
The role of the Records Management Coordinator is demanding, and needs a pro-active person who will be able to deal with the challenging and rapidly changing business environment.
Job Specification(s): Executive Assistant Key Accountabilities
- Manage the work schedule (calendars, visits and work plans) for the Area Head of Legal and External Affairs to ensure optimal use of time and resources
- Develop and implement reports, memos and other analysis and communication materials for internal and external use using the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Co-ordinate meetings and engagements for the West Africa Area Leadership Team Provide an effective and efficient administrative service to a high level of competency
- Responsible for organising extensive global travel arrangements for the Area Head of Legal and External Affairs and other Regional visitors- transportation, hotels and visas in place.
- Perform routine transactions such as cash advance, expense statements and retirements as required
- Using electronic calendars the jobholder will be responsible for the maintenance of diaries, reviewing and responding to electronic mail for the Area Head of Legal and External Affairs as required.
- Prepare complex presentations and briefings in English.
- Organises conferences (local and global), workshops and team-build events with professionalism
- Effectively interface with the Executive Assistants of the West Africa Area Leadership Team to achieve targets
- Effective relationship with and Role Model to Executive Assistants within BAT and in other companies
- Develop self through training, learning and development opportunities
- Identify areas for improvement and execute improvement plans as required
Area Records Management Coordinator Key Accountabilities
- To ensure that the Records Management Programme (RMP) is implemented and maintained always in the Nigeria Area. Training and education including induction of employees at all levels within the organisation on the RMP principles, policies and procedures
- Dimension Detail Quantity
- Staff Indirectly managing Records Management Functional coordinators in the Nigeria Area 30
KCC Reports, Audit spot checks and Compliance
- Conduct spot checks to ensure compliance of the RM policy is maintained.
- Implement the audit KCC RMP Action points in the Nigeria Area and prepare the RAC report on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for distribution and collection of compliance statements from functions to be signed by the HOF and ensure all original compliance statements are sent to the Legal Counsel, Compliance.
- Main custodian of the review team meeting minutes i.e Legal, Audit and Tax review team for audit purposes.
- Create set up and manage RM storage facilities in the Nigeria Area sites and ensure Records Management Storage Database in the depositories are in line with the BAT global storage policy standards.
- Ensure the Nigeria Area Records comply with the legal requirements on taxation, employee health and benefits, financial records, legal contracts, etc. in force in the Nigeria Area
Training and Review Meetings and Manage Schedules, Control lists, etc
- Assist the Legal Counsel and Records Management Coordinators in implementing the RMP
- Ensure Training and advice is provided to Nigeria Area office employees at all levels within the organization with regards to RMP and introduce RM induction programme to new recruits
- Assist the Records Management Coordinators in producing the Nigeria Area office schedules and training
- Develop new material to promote a better understanding of the RMP for all staff within the Nigeria Area offices and update the RM Material including the Manual and Handbook. Ensuring that the Control List and RM Procedures are up to date and communicated.
- Ensure the Nigeria Area offices Retention Schedules are maintained to ensure Functional Compliance in accordance with the Group policy on Records Management
Relationship with Records Management Coordinators, Review Teams, etc
- Develop good working relationship across the Nigeria Area with all the Records Management Coordinators and Legal Counsel in order to promote Records Management principles, policies and procedures
- Work very closely with the Records Management Review team comprising of Legal, Audit and Tax to ensure records are dealt with in accordance with RM policy guidelines.
- Act as the link between the Nigeria Area offices.
Records Management Projects
- Execute recommended projects in Nigeria Area offices sites to align the Area with Global BAT Policy e.g. archiving systems and databases, Project Armour (Electronic RM system which will soon be introduced to the Nigeria Area) and act as a focal point for RM in Nigeria Area offices.
Apply Before: 30-Nov-2016
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply