American University of Nigeria (AUN, Hotel Division invites application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions:
- IT Engineer
- Assistant Manager F & B
- Waiter/ Waitress
IT Engineer Job Vacancy at AUN, Hotel Division
Job Title: IT Engineer
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The IT Engineer assists students, faculty and staff to configure, repair and maintain Information Technology (IT) devices and their accessories. IT Engineer is responsible for general maintenance of the University’s technology support systems.
DETAILED LISTING OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In essence, the IT Engineer is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of computer systems.
- Serving as a liaison between staff and the technology department to resolve issues.
- Answer students, staff, and faculty questions in person and via phone on all technical issues in regards to IT Support.
- Install the latest, industry grade software and antivirus packages to ensure computer’s maximum protection from viruses.
- Providing on-site support for maintenance and repair of campus desktop/laptop systems, software installations, network connectivity, and peripheral network equipment such as printers, scanners etc.
- Troubleshoots computer problems and determine source (hardware, software, user access, etc). Advice on appropriate action and solving hardware/software faults.
- Installing and configuring computer systems.
- Repair and replacement of desktop/laptop parts as required
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs.
- Establishing a good working relationship with other professionals in order to find solution of problems.
- Works one-on-one with students, faculty and staff on application projects.
- Documents resolutions for future reference.
- Perform other duties assigned by his supervisors.
Requirements for the position:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant degree from a recognized tertiary institution in a relevant field, with 1 (one) year of experience.
- NYSC or NYSC Exemption Certificate.
- Advanced knowledge of university supported applications.
- Ability to learn and support new technologies.
- Possess high level interpersonal communication skills.
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Certifications in MCSA, MCSE, CCNA and others are added advantages.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover letters and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date stated above. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 25th November, 2016.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.