BiRD seeks to recruit to fill the following vacant positions:
Analysis of Organisations Specialist (Lot7 Short-term Mission)
Job Title: Analysis of Organisations Specialist (Lot7 Short-term Mission)
Locations: Abuja, Adamawa, Gombe, Plateau
The Global Objective
- The mid-term evaluation will provide the EU and other partners with an assessment of the project’s performance and recommendations on how to improve the intervention to achieve expected goals and outcomes, taking into account problems and opportunities.
- Advanced university degree or equivalent with relevant work experience in sociology, development studies, gender studies or equivalent.
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience and expertise on women’s participation in peace and security, gender analysis and/or gender country profile drafting.
- Experience in missions for project review/evaluation.
- Experience in EU programme design and EDF procedures will be an asset.
- Minimum 3 years extensive experience from both short and long-term assignments as consultant on gender related evaluation.
- Sound knowledge and experience in preparation of institutional capacity assessments.
- Experience in designing gender related projects will be an asset.
- Knowledge of international agreements and initiatives on gender (UN, AU,) and of EU policies on gender.
- Specific experience and expertise on women’s participation in peace and security, as well as impact of conflict on young girls is an advantage.
- The total duration of the mission will be 27 WD.
- Provisional start of the assignment: 30th January 2017.
- Foreseen finishing date: 21st March, 2017.
Application Closing Date
22nd November, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV’s on a rolling basis to:
- All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.
- Only excellent experts meeting most or all of the above criteria and having an excellent and verifiable track record will be considered.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.