Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) seeks to recruit to fill the vacant positions below:
- Project Officer – WASH Technical
- Project Officer – WASH
- Team Leader – Centre for Monitoring and Communication
- Communications Operator Assistant
- Logistics Coordinator
Project Officer – WASH Technical Job Vacancy at NRC
Job Title: Project Officer – WASH Technical
- Adherence to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines, policies and procedures and other NRC tools and handbooks;
- Coordinate the WASH activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans;
- Assist the WASH Project Coordinator in all aspects of WASH programs planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Develop technical specifications and bills of quantities (BOQ) for works;
- Assess the wash training needs of the community and assists in the development of appropriate training materials and plans;
- Conducts water quality testing and sanitary inspection at water points;
- Provides technical assistance to the WASH Program Development Manager and local counterparts on issues of WASH information and communication strategies;
- Assists in the establishment, and training of water point committees as well as monitoring their performance;
- Assists in the compilation of weekly and monthly wash reports, program documents, project proposals, and budgets;
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and donor requirements;
- Ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures.
- The Officer is expected to achieve the following during this contract period;
- Water and sanitation infrastructure construction (Boreholes, latrines,)
- Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans
- Preparing weekly progress reports and others documents required for the water and sanitation infrastructures such as boreholes, latrines,
- Performs any other duties as requested by the WASH Project Coordinator
- Higher diploma in Civil or Water Engineering or Public Health (BAC+5) minimum
- Minimum 3 years’ experience from working with wash projects in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working with social work and/or with distribution of humanitarian assistance is an advantage.
- Previous 2 years work experience in community based Water and Sanitation programs; Work experience with an INGO is desirable
- Must have knowledge of emergency Water supply, Hygiene, Sanitation requirements and protocols
- Familiarity with international minimum standards of Water and Sanitation delivery (i.e., SPHERE) is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills – written and spoken – in English required.
- Fluency in one or more of the national/regional languages (Hausa and Kanuri preferred)
- Must be willing to work as a team member, take direction, and share technical skills with colleagues and counterparts
- Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheets is required,
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, GPS, Arc Gis and Google Earth is strongly desirable
- Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context of Northeast Nigeria
- Experience with start-up activities
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Ability to work in insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Planning and delivering results
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: As soon as possible
- Contract period: 12 Months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
- Duty station: Maiduguri, Borno State with 50% to field visit
Application Closing Date
20th November, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates can submit their application letters and an updated CV’s to: [email protected] The title of the position (Project Officer – WaSH Technical – Maiduguri) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- To apply at NRC is FREE!!!
- NRC does not ask for money or any form of favor for submission of application or employment.
- The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.