Education Development Center (EDC) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant
Job Location: Sokoto
Educational Qualification: Basic Degree in any field.
Years of Experience: At least 2 years’ experience working in a dynamic Organization.
- S/he will have strong office and organizational skills with competence to set priorities and multi- task in a time-sensitive environment,
- Team skills and comfort with computer word processing. spreadsheets and presentation software are a must.
- Agility working with electronic calendars (outlook or Google or other) and file management on networked system are an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and,demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- The candidate must he highly creative, witty and able to undertake complex tasks with minimal support.
- Writing and communication skills will he an added advantage.
- The USAID/Nigeria’s Northern Education Initiative Plus, being implemented by Creative Associates and EDC, works to improve the quality of and access to education in Nigeria’s Northern States.
- The Program Assistant will support coordination of project activities and the development of reports.
- This reports to the State Team Leader,
- In collaboration with the State Team Leader and Officer, take overall responsibility for coordinating the Program activity-of the project at the state level. Update and share an electronic calendar weekly as activities are scheduled or modified.
- Actively solicit and file appropriately electronic copies of all activity reports from all project staff.
- Manage the consultants’ recruitment process compile a database of consultants, develop quarterly plans for consultant needs. obtain SOW from technical staff, contact and communications with consultants, arrange orienting/briefs/training them, assist with retirement and payment)
- Travel to various activities in-and outside of the state and provide support when required.
- Conduct and/or support any special projects or other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Match project implementation with the work plan every week and flag areas of action.
- Compile and edit quarterly. semi-annual and annual reports for timely review by the STL for onward and submission to Chief of Party.
Apply Before: Not Specified
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive resume with a brief cover letter as ONE MS document or PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org If you wish to be considered for a post, please specify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Note: There is no relocation allowance available for this position