Guinness Nigeria Plc is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Consumer Planner, Spirits & RTD
- Divisional Sales Manager
- Media and Partnerships Manager
- Influence and Advocacy Manager
Consumer Planner, Spirits & RTD Job Vacancy at Guinness Nigeria Plc
Job Title: Consumer Planner, Spirits & RTD
Type of Job: Employee
Reports To: Consumer Connections Manager
Guinness Nigeria is a focused business unit that delivers significant volume and profit to Diageo (parent company). Consumer planning has a critical role and responsibility of leading the business to make the right strategic and commercially savvy evidence- based decisions, within the ever-changing context of our consumers and customers lives. Over the last three years the Consumer Connections Planning team has been transformed within the Diageo business. This has seen the team move away from research orientation and towards planning, focused on:
- Using research to drive growth
- Focused on consumer understanding and insights that is actionable & drives growth
- Focused on implications not information
- Simplifying & providing clear direction
- Management and Accountability for implementation of Consumer Planning and Research Budget.
- Work across all Nigeria to drive insights that will unlock growth, drive profitability and to deliver market share for Guinness Nigeria Spirits & Ready-To-Drink (RTD) Brands.
Purpose of Role
- To champion & drive world class understanding of consumer attitudes, motivations and trends that can be leveraged to grow our brands
Top 3- 5 Accountabilities
- Proactively defines & communicates opportunities for growth for the market, categories and brands and articulates what it will take to realize these opportunities
- Externally attentive -to culture, trends and market place dynamics, to detect the factors that could positively or negatively impact growth.
- Support development & implementation of brand strategy and communication through facilitating a deep understanding of the consumers.
- Seeks out deep consumer / shopper / category insight and implications that will drive penetration growth
- Transform research outputs into simple, actionable implications
- Fuels the business with consumer/ shopper led provocations and understanding to instigate change
- Synthesizes data and understanding from multiple sources -quantitative and qualitative and joins the dots in a meaningful, actionable way
- Ensure that consumer knowledge is clearly reported and interpreted within the framework of brand related issues (Brand Tracking Study)
- Lead regular brand activity reviews (QBRs), keeping the brand teams informed and updated
- Custodian of brand building thinking (DWBB/NGM)
- Ensures learning from measurement & evaluation are applied to increase productivity of our A&P spend
- Ruthlessly prioritizes and focuses on tasks that add maximum value to Diageo, stops or delegates everything else.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- University degree in Marketing / Business or other related discipline preferred though not essential. Postgraduate Qualifications an advantage
- Proven and strong Brand and Trade marketing experience (3-5 years) within an FMCG organization with a planning, brand & consumer focus, or a research agency background
- Experience in both quantitative and qualitative research techniques
- Can demonstrate excellent Commercial judgment & acumen.
- Is experienced at managing key stakeholders nationally & internationally.
Policies highly relevant to the Marketing Function:
- Diageo Marketing Code, Environment Policy, Competition & Anti – Trust Policy, External Communications Policy, Anti-corruption Policy, Occupational Health and Safety Policy, Corporate Security Policy, Employee Alcohol Policy, IMS Policy, Anti-discrimination & Human Rights Policy.
- In addition, the Company has 15 (fifteen) global policies and a Code of Business.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.