Palladium Group is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Online Content Producer
- State Coordinator
- Online Community Manager
Online Content Producer Job Vacancy at Palladium Group
Job Title: Online Content Producer
Project Overview and Role
Voices for Change (V4C) is a recently designed, UK Aid funded, four year programme running from October 2013 to December 2017. The goal of V4C is to help transform social attitudes towards girls and women in Nigeria by working on specific individual, social and institutional changes. V4C will do this by operating at Federal level and in four States (Kano, Kaduna, Lagos, Enugu) to deliver five outputs:
- Output 1: 120,000 Adolescent girls and women with improved life skills.
- Output 2: Community of 2.75 million people with improved knowledge and attitudes that challenges gender discrimination.
- Output 3: Key influencers, including 12,000 boys and men and 4,000 leaders, with improved skills and attitudes to girls and women.
- Output 4: Greater inclusion of girls and women?s issues in political and governance processes.
- Output 5: Improved use of evidence in policy and practice.
V4C’s Vision is to be known and recognised for creating new ways to change behaviour, contributing to a Nigeria where every girl, boy, woman and man achieves their full potential. V4C?s Mission is to inspire a generation of new voices to speak up and speak out to empower young women to achieve their real potential. V4C will achieve this by:
- Creating space and opportunities for girls to grow.
- Getting the support of boys and men.
- Removing formal and informal barriers, or
- Influencing behaviours and laws / behavioural and legal change in Nigeria.
V4C has 6 core values, and for V4C to be a success, every V4C team member is expected to embrace the core values as a fundamental part of how they operate:
- Innovation and creativity
- Inclusion and diversity
- Modelling gender equality
- Working as one team
- Results driven
- Listening to our audience
V4C recognises the need to work as a ground breaking, high performing team. Effectiveness of every team member in 3 Core Competencies is fundamental to the success of this:
- Planning and Organising
- Technological Awarness
- The content producer will be responsible for ideating, planning, writing and publishing high quality written content for the Purple website, an online community dedicated to changing gender based social norms in Nigeria.
- The website does this by providing content and features encouraging young people to reflect, discuss, learn about, get inspiration and take action on the topic of gender equality.
- The program, and therefore the website’s content, focuses particularly on the 3 pillars of VAWG, women in leadership and women in decision making.
- Working collaboratively with the head of content, head of programme design, and social media teams to produce timely content plans which align with social media plans
- Research and write content according to your content schedule to a high standard, following editorial guidelines & processes
- Work closely with expert advisors where applicable to ensure publication of accurate and reliable content
- Stay up to date with key trends and leverage them when coming up with content
- Support with copy writing for promotional campaigns
- Publish content on your site using an online Content Management System
- Work with community manager to review how users are reacting to and engaging with your content to inform how to improve
- Manage quality, test published content and fix typos, broken links
- Contribute to improvement of Content Management System in collaboration with E1M User Experience Designer & developers
- Contribute to development and growth of your community in collaboration with Community Manager, Head of Content, based on user feedback, competitor activity and key issues in field of youth, gender and culture in Nigeria.
Take the quality of the Purple content to the next level including:
- Making the issues at hand relatable, engaging, and relevant to up to the minute Nigeria trends
- maintain consistent formatting & content discovery standards which make content easy and enjoyable to read even on a small screen
- Adding more depth to the way we cover issues, getting to the bottom of the issues and coming up with original ways to engage users with them. This should include proactively working with expert partners.
- Develop a sustainable system to involve members of the target audience (Young people aged 16-25) in the ideation and creation of content, including crowdsourcing ideas and content (for example articles, videos or opinion pieces) or increasing the number of user polls on the site.
Qualifications / Previous Experience:
- A graduate Degree in Social Sciences (or any other relevant discipline)
- Experience working in the field of development or communications.
Required Background & Skills
- Skilled at producing high quality content and copy
- Degree level, with ideally a background in journalism, humanities, or online media, with at least one years? experience working in an online/digital environment
- Creative and innovative
- Thorough & detail oriented
- Good time management and proven ability to keep to tight deadlines
- Good organizational & communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Knowledge of Photoshop or sourcing and creating images for the web is desirable
- Passion for furthering the movement for gender equality in Nigeria
- Professional communication skills and behaviour
- Passion for supporting young people to make the most of their potential
- Loves coming up with new ideas
- A perfectionist who is motivated by getting a job done to the highest standard
- Values, recognizes, seeks out and recognizes the inputs of others
- Proactive problem solver who doesn’t give up, and follows through until a resolution has been achieved
- Comfortable working with people from different backgrounds both
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.