The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following vacant positions below:
- Logistician – Damaturu
- Water and Habitat Engineer
- Water and Habitat Purchaser
- Logistician – Mubi
Logistician – Damaturu Job Vacancy at ICRC
Job Title: Logistician
- Provides support in the areas of Supply Chain, Purchasing, Transport, Warehousing, Stock management and Fleet to Mubi Office
- Handles logistical files independently
- Implements and runs logistic procedures
- Negotiates contractual matters with external interlocutors
- Ensures accurate and timely follow-up and treatment of Requisition Orders (RO) and Purchase Orders (PO) within the Logistic system
- Monitors the preparation and sending out of Request for Quotation (RfQ)
- Coordinates with Logistics in the country and the suppliers to ensure smooth planning of deliveries, offloading of commodities as well as careful inspection of supplier deliveries in terms of quality and quantity in line with Purchase Orders
- Supervises the fleet drivers, arranges work schedule
- Ensures transmission of the monthly statistics reports of the Mubi Office to Log/Yola
- University Degree in Administration or a relevant field.
- 2 years work experience in a similar field.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Hausa.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent computer skills (Word and Excel), including ICRC standard computer systems.
- Confirmed capacity to implement general ICRC procedures.
- Capacity to deal with people, to lead and to develop contact
- Good knowledge of ICRC rules and procedures
- Is rigorous, analytical, methodical and accurate
- Displays high organizational skills
- Is able to cope with stressful situations
- Strong sense of responsibility and adaptability
- Flexibility, availability to work overtime when needed
- Willingness to learn
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letters, Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
- Please clearly indicate “Logistician – Damaturu” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- The deadline for the submission of applications will be the date above. Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.