Nigerian / African Cuisine Quick Service Restaurant is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Chef
Job Location: Nigeria
- Minimum of OND
- Additional qualifications in commercial food handling/ preparation will be an added advantage.
Years of Experience: 2 – 3 years’ relevant experience in a restaurant or hotel setting
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A passion for food and menu innovations
- Excellent cooking skills with ability to prepare several dishes (local and pastries)
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment/ under pressure
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- A good eye for detail
Job Specification(s): Responsibilities:
- Develop , document , update and analyze recipes
- Plan menus and ensures consistency in taste and portion sizes of final products.
- Supervise and participate in cooking and the preparation of food.
- Estimate quantities of required food ingredients and kitchen supplies.
- Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays
- Schedule and coordinate the work of cooks and other kitchen employees to ensure that food preparation is of stipulated quality and within budgeted labor cost goals
- Maintain kitchen sanitation and safety standards, ensuring that all work/storage areas are clean, free of hazards and properly arranged
- Assist in establishing controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft
- Assist in food/ supply ordering and budgeting
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Hire, train, and supervise cooks and other food preparation workers
- Meet with customers to discuss menus for special occasions such as weddings, parties.
Apply Before: 19th December 2016
How to Apply: All CV’s Should be sent specifying the Job Title to [email protected]