Nigeria Machine Tools Limited is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Job Location: Lagos
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or industrial Engineering or equivalent or related field.
- MBA and any other professional qualification in relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
Years of Experience: Minimum of 12 years working experience in business development in a structured environment with three of those on a senior management level.
Knowledge/Skills and Personal Qualities
- High level of technical competence in material science or relevant engineering academic background, supported by previous industrial experience in technical positions.
- A sophisticated communicator and comfortable operating in a matrix structure requiring a range of styles, including managing through influence.
- Experience of major bids and tenders highly desirable, including contract preparation and negotiation.
- Sector or industry experience desirable.
- Technical corrosion experience would be particularly valuable.
- Ability to travel long distance within the country and abroad.
- Proficiency in the use of the computer, particularly the Microsoft Office Suites.
- A significant experience in Product Management of technical complex offerings where you can demonstrate a track record of both sales growth and portfolio development.
- An excellent manager of multilevel client relationships and have previous experience in sales or business development capacity.
- Have a clear grasp on the distinction between strategic planning and technical execution, with a track record of success in both.
Job Specification(s): General Purpose of the Job
- We are looking for an ambitious, highly personable professional with strong commercial acumen built upon solid technical foundation in materials science or engineering.
- The job holder will manage across multiple stakeholder interfaces so a collaborative style is a critical success factor.
- The position is based at Lagos but significant travel will be required.
- The ideal candidate will lead the development of market opportunities mainly within oilfield services offerings including definition and execution of revised go-to-market strategies through the wider NMT sales network.
- In addition the role include direct management of the highest profile key accounts in the Nigeria Oil & Gas segment but also new key accounts from new markets.
Specific Key Responsibilities
- Through current Oil & Gas activities and new sectors like Surface Treatment and Machining but not exclusively,
- Develop and execute strategies for multiple service product offerings, including commercialisation of NMT Oshogbo, brand new, state-of-the-art, surface treatment plant. Key accountability is delivery of business plans for relevant product lines.
- Act as voice of customer in definition of new technical offerings to the oil & gas, Surface treatment, machining sectors- hence technical competence is a critical success factor for the role.
- Contribute to the development of strategy for all sectors
- Engage fully with marketing department to design, target and execute marketing initiatives for the Oil & Gas sector.
- Collates and interprets market intelligence report on NMT products and services from the distributors or customers to help management in decision making process.
- Work closely with the corporate communication department to continuously evaluate/adjust promotional and advertising programmes
- Directly manage all aspects of growth with large key accounts in the Oil & Gas sector of NMT business and also new sectors. Key accountabilities are delivery of sales budget and management of service mix for these clients.
- Provide functional leadership to colleagues in account managing the next tier of large customers through the distributed Oil and Gas Sales executive network.
- Collaborate with technical colleagues to understand requirements of complex customer projects and in developing both commercial and technical solutions to meet their testing needs.
Apply Before: 25th November, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume in an attachment and state the position as the subject of their email to: [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.