Sahel Capital Partners and Advisory Limited is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer
- Project Manager
- Dairy and Livestock Specialist
- Project Coordinator
- Nutrition Specialist
- Gender Specialist
Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer Job Vacancy at Sahel Capital Partners and Advisory Limited
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer
- The Nigerian Dairy Development Program (NDDP) is a 2-year program geared towards improving the livelihoods of smallholder dairy farmers in Nigeria by improving the productivity of their cattle and integrating them into the formal dairy value chain in Nigeria. The Project also includes a nutrition component and gender component which are geared towards improving nutrition outcomes and promoting women empowerment in smallholder farming communities
- This project is implemented by Sahel Capital Partners & Advisory Ltd. and a consortium of other partners. The project seeks to boost the yields and incomes of smallholder farmers, increase nutrition outcomes and empower women involved in agriculture in Africa.
- Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the M&E Officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the project M&E plan, identifying key information areas, data sources, metrics and indicators to be tracked for each implementing partner.
- He/she will also establish and direct a process for preparing and submitting periodic M&E reports that will inform conversations at the quarterly project progress meetings.
- The M&E officer will also oversee the selection, development and maintenance of a portal to monitor milk supplier involvement, insemination activities, feed supplied, vaccines delivered for the project and will be responsible for the collection and analysis of different data in relation to the project activities.
- Finally, the M&E officer will oversee the end of project evaluation in order to determine to which extent the program has achieved its targets and answered key anchor questions it seeks to answer.
- The M&E Officer will work in close collaboration with project team and operations clusters, Government officials, private sector, non-government and civil society organizations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, developing and implementing Dairy Development Services
- Collaborate with the project team to plan, design and implement a baseline study at the beginning of the project.
- Develop M&E plan, including key information areas, data sources, metrics and indicators to be tracked for each implementing partner as well as establishing framework and timelines for preparing and submitting reports. Consult with implementing partners and lead key stakeholder convening to discuss and align on the M&E plan.
- Develop and implement monthly data reporting process for implementing partners. Coordinate with Implementing Partners (IPs) for collecting data against agreed indicators. Ensure quality of data collected by partners.
- Setup and maintain a portal to monitor milk supplier involvement, daily milk collection, insemination activities, feed supplied, vaccines delivered etc.
- Coordinate the training of the implementing partners’ extension workers who will be inputting data in the portal.
- Develop quarterly M&E reports and provide feedback to partners and PMO on projects’ performance based on monitoring data findings.
- Coordinate with the Program Manager to facilitate discussions at the quarterly progress meetings around progress against plan, potential issues, proposed resolutions and impact of these resolutions.
- Ensure quality of data/ statistics in project plans
- Documentation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Participate in field visits to project sites as per the requirement of the project
- Supervise regular data collection through implementing partners and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations.
- Record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way
- Analyze and discuss findings based on regular monitoring data
- Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the Project Staff and other partners.
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to the monitoring and evaluation system
- Participate actively in program planning process and budgeting of the program quality.
- Support Program Management Office in developing the quarterly, annual and final organizational reports.
- Support PMO in dealing with any other tasks as may be required
Minimum Qualification and Requirements
Candidates should have:
- Master’s Degree preferably in Business Administration, Economics or related field with at least 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E/MIS in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/ Government;
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software;
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software;
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
- Excellent personal organizational skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong communication, analytical and report writing skills
- Willingness and enthusiasm for working with rural and vulnerable communities living in remote areas of the country.
- Proficiency in the English language (required) and Yoruba and Hausa (preferred)
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2016.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should forward their CV’s to: [email protected] with the position they are applying for as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.