eHealth Systems Africa is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Technical Project Manager
- Knowledge Management Coordinator
- Monitoring, Evaluation & Research (MER) Coordinator
- Senior Software Developer
- DevOps Engineer
- Senior UI/UX Designer
- Associate Geo-data Analyst
- Senior GIS Technical Lead
- Project Coordinator
- Operations Coordinator
Technical Project Manager Job Vacancy at eHealth Systems Africa
Job Title: Technical Project Manager
- The Technical Project Manager (GIS) supports planning, execution and monitoring technical projects within eHA’s Geographic information systems (GIS) Department.
- S/he supports project management activities to achieve successful project completion.
- S/he is responsible for day to day management of dedicated project teams; supports the design and development of project specific GIS documentations and performs a variety of GIS-related technical tasks as directed by the GIS Department Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the Technical Project Manager (GIS) will work under the supervision of the GIS Department Manager to perform the following responsibilities:
- Plans and coordinates GIS project activities and ensures the timely implementation of projects. Ensures that project deliverables meet quality standards and business requirements.
- Develops, coordinates, and monitors projects plans to include key milestones, timelines and resources. Works with external consultants for smooth project implementation.
- Supervises the project teams. Organizes and assigns tasks to each team member and ensures proper preparations are made. Ensures proper work methods, techniques and compliance with applicable standards and specifications. Ensures project documents are safely archived following project completion.
- Resolves project and technical issues, seeking opportunities for innovation and enhancing efficiency of project delivery. Supervises staff to perform and complete designated projects.
- Provides reports to the GIS Department Manager including presentations regarding GIS needs, solutions and GIS project recommendations.
- Supports business development activities within the department (e.g. proposal writing).
- Performs any other duties assigned by Management.
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
- May frequently travel between company work-sites. Some international travel may be required.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Responds well to supervisor requests and feedback.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Attends and participates in annual strategic planning meetings, country management meetings, staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Master’s Degree in Geographic Information Systems, Surveying and Geoinformatics, Geography, Computer Science or other GIS related field.
- 5+ years of GIS development and minimum of 2 years management experience
- Significant and advanced GIS experience may substitute for the Master’s degree.
- Strong project management skills, including experience preparing scopes, schedules, and budgets for proposals and projects.
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective teams, ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making. Training and presentation experience is preferred. Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good problem solving skills. Excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational and management skills. Pays great attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
- In-depth knowledge of GIS, databases, GIS principles, practices and techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of information technology with the ability to perform detailed and independent technical reviews of work products.
- Creativity and the ability to successfully manage multiple assignments independently. Ability to work under pressure, and manage significant travel to insecure environments.
- Proven ability to work with diverse and large teams and to foster a positive working environment with local and international stakeholders
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively communicate via writing, public speaking and interpersonal interactions.
- Good learning ability. Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment
Certification and Licenses:
- GISP Certification through GIS Certification Institute is preferred.
- A Project Management (PMI) certification or PRINCE2 is preferred.
- Working knowledge of open Source GIS (QGIS, PostGIS and Geoserver), data transformation tools (FME Desktop, Kettle and python) and Commercial GIS (ArcInfo, ArcView, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox), ArcSDE, ArcGIS Server.
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyse, proof and edit documents, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executive and senior managers, employees, the general public and clients/partners.
Why work for us?
- Life at eHealth Africa means not only working towards saving thousands of lives, but also collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for innovative technology.
- We offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and well-being is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.