Action Against Hunger | ACF-International is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Food Security & Livelihoods Officer
- CASH Deputy Program Manager
- Food Security & Livelihoods Assistant
- Food Security & Livelihoods Program Manager
Food Security & Livelihoods Officer Job Vacancy at ACF-International
Job Title: Food Security & Livelihoods Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Provide support to the FSL Deputy Program Manager to implement the program successfully.
- Facilitate program coordination and monitoring and evaluation of the FSL activities.
- Facilitate community mobilisation activities to support targeting and registration of beneficiaries and improve gardening knowledge, attitudes and practices.
- Represent ACF externally in relevant LGA level forums and technical working groups.
- Ensure the proper HR management of the field based FSL team.
- Degree in a Food Security related field e.g. Agronomics, Agriculture, Animal health, Agricultural engineering, Development Studies etc.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Professional, good organizational capacity, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies
- Previous experience with food security and livelihoods programming.
- Three years relevant work experience
- Capacity to supervise a team
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and English
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous experience managing cash based interventions (i.e. cash for work, cash transfers or cash vouchers)
- Previous team management and activity planning experience
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy
- Previous experience with ACF
- Previous donor programming experience (e.g. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA)
- Analytical capacity
- Good relational qualities
- Good knowledge of techniques and agricultural/animal health production systems
- Good knowledge of implementing projects
- Capacity to write high quality reports
Application Closing Date
21st November, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application by email to:
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope.
- Also note that applications will be processed on FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis and any application received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted. Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.
- Applications receved after the closing date will not be considered
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.