Women at Risk International Foundation (WARIF) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Centre Manager – NGO
Job Location: Lagos
Educational Qualification: University/Master’s Degree in relevant field, particularly in Public Health, Health Education, Social Work, Higher Education, or Gender and Women’s Studies.
Years of Experience: A minimum of 8 years’ experience in direct social service with knowledge in sexual violence, domestic violence, women’s issues, human and child development, and working with families in crisis.
Other Requirements: Skills and Competencies:
- Critical thinking skills, and the ability to share new ways of conceptualizing problems and solutions with diverse groups of people
- Commitment to upholding the highest standards of ethics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including superior meeting facilitation and public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work and build respectful relationships with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Proven success creating and growing service (or non-profit) programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of grants, and grant reporting and grant administration.
- A background in sexual assault advocacy is preferred. Candidates without this specific experience but whose applications bring considerable evidence of non-profit staff and program management experience will be considered.
- Senior level program development, strategic planning and project management skills.
Job Specification(s): Responsibilities
- Providing and coordinating sexual assault prevention education to teens, college students, advocates, and the local community, facilitating prevention efforts at all 6 levels of prevention
- Facilitating the Sexual Assault Task Force
- Coordinating volunteer advocate training sessions and in-services
- Providing and coordinating sexual violence intervention training
- Coordinating outreach and awareness-raising activities in the community
- Facilitating the Sexual Violence Prevention Advisory Committee
- Externally represent the centre as needed and requested, in particular with respect to referral pathways and networks for comprehensive services to survivors. This includes working with such agencies as the Ministry of Health (MOHS), the Police Family Support Unit (FSU); justice and legal personnel, and other agencies relevant to service provision.
- Help identify challenges or gaps in the referral pathways and work to address these collectively with the centre as well as other stakeholders.
- Assist in maintaining a network of referral agencies, and assist with coordination meetings as required.
- Provide oversight and monitoring of all client and service-related documentation, including intake and assessment forms, referrals, etc.
- Support and oversee the input of client/survivor data into the Data Management System (DMS).
- Compile and summarize weekly and monthly data, statistics, and related information, and ensure that this information is submitted to the relevant focal people for reporting and analysis.
- Provide overall line management of the centre staff. This includes performance management and reviews; identifying capacity building need (and helping to address where possible); ensuring staff have sufficient resources and information; ensuring regular communication and information sharing; addressing conflicts and issues as they arise; and promoting a positive, team-building, and professional working atmosphere.
- Help to identify sources of corporate funding and work with the executive team on strategies to achieve this.
- Ensure administrative, financial systems are in place for effective management of the Centre
- Provide guidance and oversight to all services provided to survivors and their families at the centre. This includes helping to ensure that best practices are observed in all aspects of service delivery, which includes confidentiality, informed consent, providing relevant information, respecting survivors’ choices, and so forth, and other best practices in responding to survivors
- Help to monitor the quality of service provision through regular feedback from clients and their families, staff, visitors, and other stakeholders involved in the centres.
- Help coordinate and assist in efforts to build the technical capacity of centre staff by identifying training needs and pursuing opportunities as available and feasible. Help link centre staff with new resources, materials, and techniques to expand their knowledge and skills.
Apply Before: Not Specified
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply