Society for Family Health requires competent candidates for the vacant positions below:
- Head, Internal Audit
- Head of Marketing (Expanded Enterprise Project)
Head, Internal Audit Job Vacancy at Society for Family Health
Job Title: Head, Internal Audit
- This is a senior management position, reporting to the Board through the Managing Director.
- The successful candidate will provide independent and objective assurance, evaluation, analyses and appraisals designed to add value and improve the organisation’s operations and effectiveness of governance and risk management processes, and internal control environment.
- S/He will direct the planning and execution of operational, financial and compliance audits to evaluate the effectiveness of the organisation’s internal control systems including field operations.
- S/He will determine compliance with selected policies, procedures, and regulations.
- S/He will make written recommendations to the Board and senior management for control enhancement and to increase efficiency and/or effectiveness of the control systems of functions reviewed.
- S/He will maintain a professional staff team with sufficient knowledge, training, skills and experience to meet the requirements of the Internal Audit Charter and ensure capacity building, mentoring and coaching of the Internal Audit staff.
- The position holder will perform special investigations as requested by the Board or Management.
The desired candidate:
- Must possess a first degree in Accounting or Financial Management and a relevant Masters’ degree with a recognised professional accounting qualification – ACA or ACCA or other professional body.
- Must have previous experience in a donor funded environment with good knowledge of international donor rules & regulations and must possess a minimum of twelve (12) years post NYSC experience, the last five (5) of which should have been as the Head of an Audit Team.
- Must show demonstrable experience managing the preparation of audit planning memoranda, including identifying and evaluating key risks, setting audit scope, and determining budgets and staff assignments.
- Must have expert knowledge of risk management and assessment, fraud investigation and detection criteria and strategies as well as auditing standards, techniques, activities, and processes.
- Must have good experience with drafting audit reports including writing clear and concise findings and recommendations and be able to properly assess potential findings for significance and negotiating their finalization with senior management.
- Must be an analytical and resolute decision maker with strong organisational and planning skills, with great attention to detail and ability to follow through.
- Must be able to multitask and manage audits within agreed budgets and time lines with very good knowledge of the current financial and corporate governance regulatory environment.
- Must have very strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills including a high level of tact and diplomacy, a collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Must have demonstrated proficiency using office software applications, including spreadsheets and relevant accounting software.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should write a one-page application letter (using the position reference as the subject), addressed to the “Director, Human Resources”.
Applicants for the Position of Head, Internal Audit should apply to [email protected]
While applicants for the Position of Head of Marketing should apply to
- Applicants should send the application, as well as a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae clearly indicating current telephone numbers, e-mail address and contact details to the email address beside the job you are applying for.
- Please include the names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements.
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 22nd November, 2016.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.