Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Tax Manager
Job Location: Nigeria
- B.Sc. Accounting or other Social Science related course
- Professional Qualification such as ACA, ACCA or ACTI is required
Years of Experience: Minimum of 4 years experience 2-3 years of experience in accounting and finance. Good knowledge of local GAAP & IFRS. Strong working experience in local taxation.
Other Requirements: Skills:
- Planning, organizing & time management skills
- Ability to think logically
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including change management
- Ability to adapt leadership style to different audiences Technical Knowledge IFRS/IAS relevant knowledge Tax relevant knowledge
- Data analysis/ analytical skills
- Knowledge and interpretation of policies, processes, procedures and systems
- Ability to think logically
- The Assistant tax Manager reports to the Tax and Finance Process Manager.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Month end closing tasks planning and follow-up
- Puts Controls in place to detect potential Internal Control, audit and financial accounting issues; timely review of group internal policies changes and internal controls relating to tax; Commits and complies with the Company policies, procedures, processes and guidelines.
- Preparation and reconciliation of the Technical Service Fee Schedule to be sent to CCH.
- Provide support to BSO on all tax related BS accounts for the purpose of reconciliation and review.
- Ensures healthy and safety conditions for the work of herself/himself and colleagues, incl. full and transparent reporting of labour accidents and near misses.
- Actively supports and participates in company’s initiatives in the area of environment protection, resources saving, community projects and charity initiatives.
- Support Transfer Pricing consultants (KPMG) in gathering information and documentation of Annual Transfer Pricing Returns.
- Preparation and periodic update of the company’s Tax Exposure Tracking Report and distribution to the Tax and Finance Process Manager, CFO, MD and Group Tax Manager.
- Preparation of Remittance Schedules for all taxes and collaborating with Treasury to ensure that payment is done within the stipulated time in the law.
- Provide assistance where necessary for all stakeholders in Tax accounting area especially advising/coaching all stakeholders of impact of their action or inaction on tax.
- Challenge current processes/practices and identify improvements where applicable.
- Provide support service to internal customers to resolve tax issues while maintaining a good contact with the various tax authorities.
- Review current processes of preparing the TIP/CIT with a view to improve on the processing time.
- Create work models in order to save time and ensure accuracy.
- Respects the Customers’ policies, procedures, processes and guidelines.
- Timely submission of annual tax returns for employee and obtaining annual tax clearance Certificate for the Company.
- Quarterly preparation of CIT and TIP and monthly review of company’s corporate tax (VAT, Withholding tax, PAYE and all local specific Nigerian taxes).
- Preparation of reports and schedules for Tax Audit for State Boards and FIRS. Prompt response to audit queries for a quick resolution.
Apply Before: 16th November, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.