Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Field Security Officer
- MEAL Officer
Field Security Officer Job Vacancy at CRS
Job Title: Field Security Officer
Locations: Yobe and Maiduguri
Position Band: C-1
Reports to: Emergency Coordinator, Yobe & Security Coordinator, Borno
- Collection of information regarding safety and security situation in Borno and Yobe states as well as on safety & security issues concerning CRS. When the Base Radio is set off, do the radio contact at interval of time (Confirmation of MVT, confirmation of important message sent by others means)
- Daily tracking and recording of all CRS vehicle field movement,
- Follow up of any calls made by Sat phone and radio
- Track staff movement and advice Security Coordinator accordingly.
- Responding to security relevant incidents with information gathering and informing the security coordinator
- With support from Security Coordinator maintain a state-wide network of influential actors and communication of CRS status and mission in the State.
- Cover for the Security Coordinator in his absence and support and advice programs staff in the field regarding safety and security information with the support of the Security Coordinator on a daily basis.
- Encost field staff on outreach activities providing security support.
- Works with Security Coordinator to develop, consolidate and implement operating procedures and contingency plans;
- Undertakes continual assessments of equipment (including vehicles) and organizational assets to ensure equipment integrity at all times.
- With the support of the Security Coordinator, ensure that responsible guardians Private Security Guards) have the capacities to perform their duties as per the SOPs
- With support from the Security Coordinator, conducts monthly safety inspections such as: fire extinguishers, smoke/fire detectors and inspection of CRS facilities in the State as it pertains to health and safety to ensure equipment integrity.
- Actively seeks opportunities that will complement ability to fulfil position’s responsibilities as well as further
Monitoring, Analysis and Supervision:
- Identifies, establishes and manages context appropriate approach to assure CRS facilities are secure
- Submits regular contextual updates (weekly/monthly situational reports) to the Security Coordinator
- Works closely with CRS field teams to ensure all incidents and accidents are followed up with an official written Incident Report, which is then shared with relevant stakeholders and filed appropriately;
- Coordinates regularly with the Security Coordinator on safety and security issues, and fulfil reporting requirements to the Country Office in Abuja.
Required Qualifications Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the field of community engagement, risk management, safety and security management or other related fields
- Degree in Criminology, Peace & Security Studies, Political Sciences or related subject
- Professional Certification insecurity studies.
- Be a Nigerian National
- Ability to plan and organize work and write clear and concise reports and communicate effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Stable, moral, reliable and robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills, calm, with a good sense of humor
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Emails, Skype, Web researches);
- Fluency in oral and written English and Hausa (Kanuri Speaking)
- Demonstrable training and capacity building experience
Desired Competencies/ Skills:
- Security background preferable
- Proven ability to read maps
- Knowledge of other Nigerian local languages
- Knowledge of the geography and culture of the Northeast of Nigeria
- Previous experience in similar activities with NGOs
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form Below” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to:
- Candidates should state the position and location desired as the subject of their email. E.g. Field Security Officer – Damaturu, Yobe.
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling and applications received until this position is filled.
- Applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.