British High Commission is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Electrical Technician
- Building Services Manager
- Generator Technician
Electrical Technician Job Vacancy at British High Commission
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory: Estates
Grade: A2 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed term, with possibility of renewal
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
- Manage the electrical equipment and systems within the new office building and on all properties across the estate to ensure safety, reliability and operational effectiveness in compliance with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) Health and Safety (H&S) requirements practices and procedures.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Perform replacement on diagnosed faulty electrical elements of machines including motors, relays, and switches; and set-up sensing mechanisms, utilizing hand tools
- Carry out diagnosis and correct or replace malfunctioning electronic units like the printed circuit boards.
- Carry out diagnosis and ensure replacement of pneumatic, mechanical, hydraulic components of equipment and machines which are faulty.
- Carry out repairs on all site equipment including pumps/ generators / HVAC / switch gear lighting and power circuits.
- Render assistance and manage contractors’ roles for electrical duties
- Render assistance in administration and regulation of the duties of tradesmen and other trades.
- Organize safe maintenance principles for regulating and scheduling breakdowns.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- City and Guilds qualified preferably advanced certificate: ONC/HNC
- 5 years relevant experience with outstanding troubleshooting and technical aptitude
- Have knowledge of UK standards BS7671 and working practices
- Sufficient familiarity with UK schematic and electrical, diagrams/illustrations
- Understanding of UK health, safety and environment regulations
- Excellent communication skills with a flexible, adaptable approach to working.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure
- Possession of good eyesight and able to ascend stairs and ladders
- Ability to interact well with superiors and subordinates
- Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Other Benefits and Conditions of Employment
- Full time position, core working hours are 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday. However the job holder will need to be flexible to respond to incidents and operational demands as the need arises.
Starting monthly salary: N360,778
Application Closing Date
10th November, 2016
1st December, 2016
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
- Successful candidates not resident in Country will be personally liable for costs and arrangements to relocate, including accommodation and work permits.
- Complete the application form in full as the information provided will be used for screening purposes.
- Check your application and attachments before you submit your application, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.